Pantene Pro-V Nourished Shine Strength & Shine Conditioner
1.0
  • As much as I love using my Dove Damage Therapy Daily Shine Shampoo, I can’t say the same about its matching conditioner
  • But this time I decided to give just the conditioner a try once again hoping that it probably would turn out to be good
  • I bought the huge bottle of 500ml for S$6.95
  • I bought the huge bottle because that way I thought I would stick with using it and not give up after using it a couple of times and tossing it out like I normally do when I get small size bottles and thus force myself to give the product a decent amount of time before deciding whether or not I like it
  • I was happy to see that it was the last thing on the list

• by true_value

Not only my skin but my hair too has been a big cause of concern for me lately. Both seem to have gone out of whack and condition and I am having a frustrating time trying to get them both back in shape.

Well, for my hair the only shampoo that works for my scalp and hair is the Dove Damage Therapy Daily Shine Shampoo. I have tried other shampoos but have always come back to Dove. It is the only shampoo that does not irritate my sensitive scalp and keeps my oily scalp and hair fresh and light for the whole day and even when I use it every day it does not dry my hair.

As much as I love using my Dove Damage Therapy Daily Shine Shampoo, I can’t say the same about its matching conditioner. The conditioner just does not work for me. It makes my hair frizzy and full of flyways and poufy. I am therefore forever on the lookout for a really good conditioner. I was so in love with

the Garnier Fructis Conditioner for Colored Hair but strangely it does not work the same for me anymore perhaps they messed with the formula or something I am not sure.

Well, I have never had any luck with any of Pantene Shampoos even though a lot of people seem to like and use it for years. It has been many years since I used a Pantene Shampoo and never bought them again just because as I mentioned they never worked for me. But this time I decided to give just the conditioner a try once again hoping that it probably would turn out to be good.

Of the various Pantene conditioners available I decided to go for the Pantene Pro-V Nourished Shine Strength & Shine Conditioner. I bought the huge bottle of 500ml for S$6.95.

I bought the huge bottle because that way I thought I would stick with using it and not give up after using it a couple of times and tossing it out like I normally do when I get small size bottles and thus force ...

• myself to give the product a decent amount of time before deciding whether or not I like it.

The bottle was huge in creamy, pearly white with a shimmery dark navy blue flip top cap with a silver band and illustration in orange. On the back of the bottle Pantene claims to nourish hair on the inside and help strengthen it for a shinier hair on the outside. It specifically targets the driest & most damaged arts of hair for improved shine.

On the ingredients list I saw the mention of Methychloroisonthiazolinone which is a skin irritant that is not supposed to be used in products with prolonged use on skin and only allowed in rinse offs. I was happy to see that it was the last thing on the list. It has Dimethicone which is silicone oil.

The conditioner itself is white which medium consistency with no grainy or pearly texture. It has a nice fruity fragrance that feels good while applying. When I first used it on my hiar I loved the wave it

spread on my hair and made it tangle free almost instantly. But once I dried my hair, I felt as if I never applied any conditioner to my hair. They appeared dry and frizzier than before. I had to use leave in conditioner on top it to make it look better.

But keeping up with my resolution to stick with the product and give it a fair chance I have been using it now for 3 weeks and my hair is not getting any better. Whenever I leave my hair open it is all over my head. So much for its name Nourished Shine it didn’t give my hair any shine or sheen.

Overall I feel that the Pantene Pro-V Nourished Shine Strength & Shine Conditioner is just a basic conditioner that may be suitable for those with fine hair as this is so light weight it will not weigh them down. But for someone like me who has fine but dense and wavy hair this is not going to work but only made it unmanageable and full of fly-away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312121344831231/k2311a122/12.2.10