Sephora Lip Attitude - Glamour Lipstick in Dolce Nude  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought it right away, after it first came out on the market, thinking that it might all sell out
  • I think it is the right beige shade to wear with it, but I tend to think that beige lipstick looks better on women with full lips
  • That's the only way that I could recommend buying this lipstick shade Dolce Nude in an individual tube for $12

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I have been trying on the lipsticks in the limited-edition Sephora lip palette, which is now on sale for $15. That is a great buy, considering that you are getting fifteen lipsticks which give you a sampling of three of Sephora’s lipstick lines. I only wish I had gotten it at that reduced price. I bought it right away, after it first came out on the market, thinking that it might all sell out. Shame on me! I wish I had ESP and knew that it

was still going to be available now, and on sale. At that sale price, you are getting each lip color for only one dollar apiece! And there is a variety of shades here, from pinks and plums to nudes and browns to reds. But you don’t get any coral shades, which is a disappointment.

Dolce Nude is just like the name states. It is your basic nude, beige shade. So it’s understandable that this color is not lively. I’m guessing that Sephora created it after the big beige lipstick craze hit, and all the models in the magazines were wearing beige lipstick. And maybe Sephora was plugging this shade Dolce Nude as the ideal shade to wear when you are sporting dramatic, smoky eye make-up. I think it is the right beige shade to wear with it, but I tend to think that beige lipstick looks better on women with full lips. I have thin lips, so it doesn’t exactly show up that great on me. But it has a decent shine. And ...

• Sephora Lip Attitude - Glamour Lipstick in Dolce Nude
      I think it would probably look okay on me if I played up my cheeks with a rich blush shade, lined my eyes with black eye liner or charcoal grey eye liner, and then swept on some deep grey eye shadow.

That’s the only way that I could recommend buying this lipstick shade Dolce Nude in an individual tube for $12. But that just seems ridiculous at this point, considering that you can get it in the lip palette for $15, and you will get fourteen more

lip colors to play with. By purchasing the lip palette, you can then mix Dolce Nude with the other colors.

When you don’t wear the smoky-eye look, I think you really do need to mix this lip color with deeper or brighter lip colors. Otherwise it will look too dull and washed out on your face. At least that’s the way it looks on mine. So if you want to get your money’s worth, then you may want to experiment and blend it with the other shades in the palette.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312121344811231/k2311a122/12.2.10