Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in Oh Oh!  » Cosmetics  »
  • On Sephora's website, it says it is a muted pinky brown, but I don't think it looks that way on my lips
  • First of all, I think it is more of a deep spicy, almost terra-cotta brown color with just a little pink it, perhaps
  • Second, the word muted makes it sound like a dull and dead looking color, and I don't think Oh Oh
  • It is not the right lip color for the warmer months, I don't think
  • But I would recommend that you try to get that palette on the Sephora website

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This lipstick shade was included in the palette of fifteen Sephora lipsticks that was sold a few months ago as a limited-edition palette for $36. It has now been reduced to $15! Boy, that makes me angry. If I had known that, then I wouldn’t have bought it when I did. I would have waited, and then I would have saved $21! I could kick myself, but I didn’t know whether it would still be around all this time.

Anyway, the Rouge Cream lipstick in Oh Oh! (strange name) is a unique and mysterious color that I can’t exactly describe. On Sephora’s website, it says it is a

“muted pinky brown,” but I don’t think it looks that way on my lips. First of all, I think it is more of a deep spicy, almost terra-cotta brown color with just a little pink it, perhaps. Second, the word muted makes it sound like a dull and dead looking color, and I don’t think Oh Oh! looks dull on my face. It is a rich color with strong pigmentation. You just have to like brown or cinnamon brown lip colors in order to like this shade.

I think this is a seasonal lip color, meaning that I would probably be most likely to wear it only in ...

• the fall. It is not the right lip color for the warmer months, I don’t think. And in December I would be more interested in wearing festive red shades. Maybe I would wear Oh Oh! in January, February, and March. But its autumn brown shade makes it most appealing to wear in the fall.

And even though I have to work with a lip brush to apply this lipstick, I still manage to get enough color on my lips with the brush. That is not always easy to do when you are working with lipstick in a palette. That’s why I usually prefer to apply

lipstick directly from a tube. You get more color on your lips that way. Lip palettes can be a pain. But because Oh Oh! is such a robust color, it shows up well on my lips even though I am using a brush to put it on.

This Sephora lipstick is $12 when it is sold as an individual tube. That is a reasonable price, considering that most of the high-end brands are almost twice as much as that. But I would recommend that you try to get that palette on the Sephora website. That way, for an extra three dollars, you will get fourteen more lip colors!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312121344791231/k2311a122/12.2.10