Pantene Pro-V Total Care Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to scrunch a huge dollop of the creamy shampoo on the ends, where strands are too dry
  • I really make sure to fix all the knots and the clumped up strands must not pile over one another to avoid mounds of hair, which makes the hair more prevalent to breakage
  • The best thing I observed after consistently washing with this shampoo in between intervals is that less strands of hair fall out the floor
  • A big family-sized bottle of this shampoo only cost 5 dollars in a purple themed packaging and its counterparts also come in other colors, though I still get lost spotting which one, because they all look identical to me

• by jhunie

I was just electing some hair care stuff for my freshly rebonded hair. I’ve finally spared myself of the once canopy of curly locks on my head, because the list of demands to maintain such sweeping length were growing too high to fulfill, with exorbitant expenses to boot. Now my long hair has been cut to half its former length, my head feels so much lighter, and bone-straight hair, though limp, at least falls back in place, whatever head-banging gestures I do. Whether straight or curly, I may change the dna of my hair, but one thing I cannot is the sensitive nature of my scalp. I’ve been running back and forth with different shampoos – testing the waters just to find out which product suits me best. I find using more than one shampoo seems to give me more control of my scalp’s condition, and otherwise, sticking to one product has a higher probability to cause me

dandruff. This was exactly what happened some months back when I used pantene’s hair fall control.

Still, I listened to the expert advice of my hairdresser to try again pantene, but of a different variety, as a basic shampoo. I’m slowly beginning to like this pantene total care shampoo.

The same richness can be noted in this shampoo, as with all other pantene products. It’s not the easiest to wash off as the smoothness really lingers, which is quite different to the squeaky feeling of regular shampoos. I like to scrunch a huge dollop of the creamy shampoo on the ends, where strands are too dry. It lathers readily without undue fiddling of the hair strands. Not much has changed really, other than the packaging, compared to the previous quality of pantene shampoos I’ve known before. The scent is retained and still sweet.

Most of the hair grooming products I own at the moment are organic-based. So I was initially worried since this shampoo contained sulfates, my scalp could manifest irritation to the chemical shortly after washing with the sulfate-laden shampoo. I’ve only been washing my hair for days and this shampoo doesn’t seem to give me the itch. Yet, I still conform to the cycles of using a different shampoo per day. I co-wash (washing with conditioner alone) my hair once every week. Simply to free my hair of the strong anti-dandruff shampoo I’ve been using occasionally and strictly for my scalp only. I like the result of shampooing with this product, followed by a deep conditioner. The combination yields more moisture for my usually dry ends and hair becomes very soft.

With other shampoos, my wet hair would get tangled into ratty knots and the thorny texture of strands makes it even worse. I’m very cautious when washing my hair. I really make sure to fix all the knots and ...

• Pantene Pro-V Total Care Shampoo
      the clumped up strands must not pile over one another to avoid mounds of hair, which makes the hair more prevalent to breakage. The formula of Pantene’s total care is already conditioning by itself, it’s very similar to garnier’s 2 in 1 shampoos and the like. It’s easier to shampoo the hair shaft down the ends, besides the roots, because it produces a very smooth lather and the tangled webs are softened by the shampoo’s semi-conditioning effect.

Pantene shampoos come in many varieties, but this particular ‘total caring’ shampoo rather sounds like vague generalities. Maybe they expect it to cover all aspects of hair care in this one shampoo. Of course, it’s nowhere near possible but the only thing I can tell you is that it works for my straightened locks. I have yet to confirm if it’s friendly to my scalp, so far, it’s been doing well, though not as great to make me want to stop using

my anti-dandruff shampoo. It just supplements my hair of its stripped-out moisture; therefore, balancing its condition. The ends of my hair seem neutralized and I don’t feel it sticking my back. The best thing I observed after consistently washing with this shampoo in between intervals is that less strands of hair fall out the floor. I see more hair fall every time I wash my hair using an anti-dandruff shampoo and I can really attest to this claim, since I’ve spent a great deal of time washing with very intensive shampoos.

A big family-sized bottle of this shampoo only cost 5 dollars in a purple themed packaging and its counterparts also come in other colors, though I still get lost spotting which one, because they all look identical to me. I won’t vouch as far as saying this shampoo is great for dandruff-prone heads, but certainly, you’ll find something special in this shampoo if you want a rich conditioning formula to complement straightened hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311121344671131/k2311a121/12.1.10