Nokia 1280
  • What I love about the Nokia 1280 is the fact that it has a FM Radio, flashlight, Reminders, Calendar, a Chinese Lunar Calendar that is available in Chinese only, a Message counter, the call duration and a whole lot more
  • The Nokia 1280 is sleek and has clean lines but when I am texting I experience a hand strain
  • Overall, the Nokia 1280 is a good phone - if you are looking for a phone to just use for texting and calling then this is definitely the best one

• by ddumas

I purchased the Nokia 1280 phone because I wanted a phone that I could use for sending messages and answering and making calls. I was looking for something affordable yet had a sleek appearance. It was a choice between a Samsung phone with the same price, a Cherry Mobile phone that had dual sim capability and the Nokia 1280. I chose the Nokia since I have always believed that compared to the other two, the battery life is quite long.

I was advised to drain the battery first before charging. You see, phones that are bought should have an initial charge in the factory where it is manufactured. I had an initial charge and waited for the battery to die. I waited 12 hours to charge it. For a longer battery life usually it’s advisable to turn off your cellphone when charging. I turned off mine

but eventually decided to turn it on so that I could check on the performance of the battery life. Also I had 1 week of warranty so I made sure to check on every detail.

I charged it for 2 and a half hours and unplugged it right away. The unit came in four colors - blue, orchid, gray and black. Since the other 3 colors were unavailable, I had mine in gray. I couldn’t care less since the unit has a sleek appearance. With gray color you really can’t go wrong. Besides, I was tired of the usual black.

Compared to my other two mobile phone choices, the Nokia 1280’s display was in black and white. What lacked in colored appearance, Nokia made sure to give it an added boost by installing a FM radio. It also has a large memory space to store ...

• contacts. Of course this usually depends on the sim card but with this unit I was able to store more than 200 contacts and was able to add avatars to each contact in my Phonebook. There’s also loudspeaker and making a call isn’t that hassle. You just need to type it on the keypad and press the dial button. The speaker is loud. You can hear the person talking well. The microphone also captures audio well.

It’s a Nokia after all so expect to have the same features of a Nokia phone. It has no camera, mp3 player and a recording manager. It is just a call and text phone after all.

call duration and a whole lot more! The games installed are fun too! Oh and did I tell you the battery is indeed long? Yes, it last for hours. Sometimes until the next day and the very next depending on the amount of time you spend on the phone.

The downside? The keypad. I am in love with sleek small phones that are easy to text in. The Nokia 1280 is sleek and has clean lines but when I am texting I experience a hand strain. So much for that, I guess I’ll just stop texting more.

Overall, the Nokia 1280 is a good phone - if you are looking for a phone to just use for texting and calling then this is definitely the best one! It has good battery life, good speakers and microphone. Buy a headset and you can’t wrong indeed! Happy texting and calling!

joko chiu says :

i dont like its clarity when i’am making a call.i think loud speaker and earpiece are sharing with the same speaker so when you use earpiece, its like listening on a speaker baffle port specially for a low frequency voice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371121344340831/k2311a121/12.1.10