Elmer’s Glue-All Multi-Purpose Glue  » Other  »
  • Overall, I recommend this product to young and old persons alike
  • The glue is safe to give to carefree children and cheap and convenient to use for adults

• by Amor Fati

People who enjoy crafts know the many and varied choices they have when purchasing glue. Craft stores, such as Michael’s, have an entire section devoted to the various types of glues. However, since I have limited knowledge in the area and virtually no money with which to experiment, I stick with Elmer’s glue.

I remember using the glue since elementary school. The non-toxic glue, I realize now, is great for the children who glue their fingers together. If teachers catch them in time, they can use a wet cloth to clean their fingers. If teachers don’t catch

them in time, the children can easily peel the dried glue off their fingers…so they can pour more glue on themselves.

The glue is great for all projects involving paper, fabric, Popsicle sticks, foam, cardboard, and all types of delicate wood and pottery. A few minutes after application, the glue should be dry and hold the items fast. Only mere force could separate the glued items.

The one minor drawback I find when using the glue is the uneven texture it can give paper projects. For example, when gluing two sheets of paper together, I will find lines ...

• protruding through where I applied the glue. Some people may say this is because I didn’t evenly spread the glue, and they may be right. However, the twisting top is not cooperative in spreading glue, and I don’t like using my fingers. When I do, I find myself picking glue off my fingers and out from under my fingernails along with the five year olds.

I, along with everyone else, don’t like how the glue dries in the container. So, when I attempt to squeeze some out of the nozzle, nothing comes out. Of course, this only

occurs because I neglected to tightly twist the nozzle closed. Meaning it’s my own silly mistake, but an aggravating one all the same.

Best of all, Elmer’s glue is cheap. A regular bottle can be purchased for 2 or 3 dollars at any crafts store, wholesale distribution store, or drug store. A steal really, considering the item can sit in a cupboard for years and still be useful. Overall, I recommend this product to young and old persons alike. The glue is safe to give to carefree children and cheap and convenient to use for adults. Making every user satisfied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121121344040831/k2311a121/12.1.10