Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Lipstick - # 22 Wonder  » Cosmetics  »
  • Personally, I wouldn’t spend that much on a makeup product especially lipstick because I feel that lipsticks found for lesser are good enough and I really love the lipsticks from Revlon especially the Super Lustrous lipsticks
  • In my opinion it was rather plastic and inexpensive looking
  • At first when I saw the lipstick I was really disappointed because the shade is a deep dark color that appears to be a Brownish Mauve shade with Berry undertone
  • I like to use a plum or a wine lip pencil to outline and fill in my lips and then apply the lipstick this way it looks a bit brighter and not muddy
  • But the real deal is the lipstick itself and I am so impressed by how moisturizing it feels on my lips without lip balm

• by true_value

I received the Elizabeth Color Intrigue Lipstick in #22 wonder as a gift from my best friend on my birthday. This lipstick retails for S$36.00 from the Elizabeth Arden Counter at the departmental store. Personally, I wouldn’t spend that much on a makeup product especially lipstick because I feel that lipsticks found for lesser are good enough and I really love the lipsticks from Revlon especially the Super Lustrous lipsticks.

But then I was really excited to receive the Elizabeth Arden Lipstick just because it was given to me by my best friend and that is all that matters I but I wasn’t really excited about the lipstick itself.

The lipstick came in the signature packaging of Elizabeth Arden in the dark paper box with the red door logo and the description in gold. The lipstick packaging was very dull and didn’t seem to have an elegant look or feel to it. In my opinion it was rather plastic and inexpensive looking. The tube has .14oz/4gms of lipstick.

Elizabeth Arden describes the lipstick as one

that would lavish the lips with their sensational shades, lasting color and intriguing effects. They claim their Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick to glide on smoothly to hydrate, soften and shine. To create effects that goes from cream to shimmer to shine. Triple Emollient Technology and vitamins A, C and E and aloe instantly moisturize and soften lips for total comfort.

The particular shade #22 Wonder is a crème lipstick and does not have any pearl or shimmer in it. At first when I saw the lipstick I was really disappointed because the shade is a deep dark color that appears to be a Brownish Mauve shade with Berry undertone. I have medium tan skin tone with cool undertone and it is the pinks that look good on my lips and I felt that the shade might look too dark and dull on my lips.

On my lips however it appeared a bit lighter it isn’t a shade that I was mad about I looked at my lips in various lights to see the shade better. While in ...

• bright lights it seemed to look pretty it looked totally dark and muddy in less bright lighting. This is a shade that needs to be worked upon at least for me. I like to use a plum or a wine lip pencil to outline and fill in my lips and then apply the lipstick this way it looks a bit brighter and not muddy.

Another way I make it work is by applying a chocolate lip gloss that I have with golden shimmers. I use the lip gloss just a little bit at the centre of my lips and I find that this is the best way to add some life to the lipstick and make it look a bit more wearable.

Apart from the shade, I really love the texture of the lipstick. It is a really thick and emollient lipstick that sticks on the lips and gives a very close application and full coverage. The pigmentation is rich and just a couple of swipes are sufficient to last long hours. The lipstick

feels extremely moisturizing on my lips and makes my lips feel soft and moisturized without drying them out even without the use of lip balm underneath the lipstick.

The texture of this is thicker than that of Revlon which is softer and glider smoother but I love the way my lips feel with the Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Lipstick even though it feels slightly sticky.

The Lipstick has a lipsticky fragrance to it that seems to linger for too long and I do get conscious of it all the time as it reminds me of the lipstick I am wearing. I am not really fond of the smell and do get a bit irritated by it sometimes and also by the fact that the lipstick case is kind of bulky and heavy.

But the real deal is the lipstick itself and I am so impressed by how moisturizing it feels on my lips without lip balm. I am planning to get another lipstick from the Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue series and hopefully I find a shade that I would love.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311121343680231/k2311a121/12.1.10