Nyquil  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • And since I’m not a huge fan of medicine, the taste was a huge problem for me
  • I think it might have been more about the texture that I had an issue with

• by sacback

I’m not really sure how I feel about this medicine. It has been a part of my family for a long time but I can’t say that I ever liked using it. I’m not saying that it doesn’t work because that isn’t the case at all. It has helped with almost all of my cold symptoms and that is why I can’t say that It’s al around bad. But I will say that when it comes to different aspects of this medicine, I have had trouble getting over a few hurdles. I stopped taking this medicine a long time ago due to these hurdles but even when I do happen to get a cold, I get a little sad just because I’m no longer a fan of Nyquil. Nyquil has it’s ups

and downs when it comes to me. I first of all don’t like the way that it taste. And since I’m not a huge fan of medicine, the taste was a huge problem for me. The are different kinds of flavors. They cherry flavor was ok but the green kind which was the one that my wife bought all the time was the one that I found to be a problem.

Even the cherry was nasty to me. I think it might have been more about the texture that I had an issue with. The texture was extremely thick so when it came to having to swallow, I would gag every single time. The taste was strong and it left an after taste in my mouth every time I took it. I ...

• couldn’t take Nyquil without having a drink juice of some kind to wash away the taste.

Another thing that I didn’t like about this medicine was that even when I took it with food, it would burn my stomach. There is nothing like taking a medicine and it burning you stomach. It was an after burn that lasted a while as well. This Nyquil also made me sleepy which was one of the reasons why I wasn’t a fan. It made me feel better but when I needed to take it was during a time when I shouldn’t be sleep. And since I wasn’t a huge fan of Nyquil, there was no way I was taking Dayqil which is the Daytime version of this medicine.

The sleepy part didn’t turn out well

for me because after taking Nyquil for so long I ended up not getting the sleep that I needed. I guess my body just got used to taking it or something. I wasn’t able to take other medicines with this medicine because Nyquil was so strong. I normally take maybe a pain killer because I usually have a headache whenever I get a cold. The Nyquil doesn’t take away the aspect of my cold. So even though my coughs were taken away, my head would still hurt majority of my cold.

I’m not a huge fan of Nyquil anymore even though it was a good medicine to others. My wife still takes it and loves it. But I choose to move towards another form of relief. I give Nyquil one thumb down and one thumb up.

Nyquil

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261121343630231/k2311a121/12.1.10