Keurig Elite Gourmet Single serve coffee system  » Housewares  »
  • So I thought that this would be perfect for her
  • She got tired of making the instant coffee and that was another reason why I bought this for her
  • I had my first cup made by this coffee system and I enjoyed every last drop
  • It was the best $100 I have ever spent on a kitchen appliance

• by sacback

I didn’t really start drinking coffee until I met my wife and still to this day, I don’t drink as often as I used to. It was something I would do just to help me stay up when I needed to get through my college classes. Well, in my house it seems as if we are getting back to those coffee drinking days so I had to invest in a decent coffee maker. Since I’m not a real drinker, I figured that I would buy a one cup maker for my wife. This would be perfect for her because she is the only person in the house that drinks coffee in the morning. Plus she doesn’t drink a lot of it. The most I have ever seen my wife drink is one cup. So I thought that this would be perfect for her. When I brought it home she was so happy. She got tired of making the

instant coffee and that was another reason why I bought this for her.

The Keurig Elite Gourmet Single Serve Coffee System was small enough to put on our countertop in our kitchen. It didn’t take up much room and that was something I liked the most about it. It was sized just right and if we ever wanted to put it up then we could do that as well. The black surface was perfect in color and it fit our kitchen very well. Most black appliances are what we choose so to have this option with this coffee maker made her just as happy. Plus she likes for everything in her kitchen to match. As far as the functionality is concerned, it worked great to a default. There were times were she would have a little trouble when using it. We took it back and traded it in twice before we overcame the issues that we were dealing ...

• with. The nozzle that poured the coffee into the cup would spew coffee everywhere. Fortunately all of them weren’t like that, we just ended up getting a bad one.

There is a 1500-watt system that allows for my wife to make not only gourmet coffee but tea as well. And it makes it very well. I had my first cup made by this coffee system and I enjoyed every last drop. It comes with patent K-cups that we use to put the coffee in. I guess this is due to the height of this coffee maker. Unlike some of the coffee makers that we are used to using, this one doesn’t have any type of grinding noise to it. It’s quiet as can be. The water reservoir can hold up to 48 ounces of water, so she can actually make herself two cups of coffee if she wants to. There is a drip pan that comes along

with this maker as well that keeps water from spilling all over the place. I have never had a mess outside of the first one I talked about. IT has a 2 hour automatic shut off system that makes it easier for us. We don’t have to worry about remembering to turn it off. If we forget then it will shut off on it’s own.

The only thing that she didn’t like about this maker was that it takes around 5 minutes to prep the machine before she can actually brew her coffee. I guess she got so used to using instant coffee that this was a headache for her. It made her not want to take the time to brew fresh coffee (lazy) Other than that, she uses it and enjoys having it around. She some times take it to her office which makes it portable. It was the best $100 I have ever spent on a kitchen appliance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531121343470231/k2311a121/12.1.10