Psi Bands Acupressure Wrist Band - Cherry Blossom  » Health  »
  • This created a serious problem and I almost canceled
  • Fortunately, a little online search turned up information on these Psi acupressure bands and I decided to throw caution to the wind and try one
  • I think I was panicking more than anything
  • Someone offered them Dramamine that they had brought along with them, and the lady took it, but unfortunately, was not able to keep it down long enough for it to get into her system
  • If for no other reason than its psychological effects, I do recommend giving it a try if you are unable to use Dramamine on a water trip

• by reviewabit

I have used Dramamine in the past for motion sickness, with good results– but when I was due for a boating excursion which was likely to provoke motion sickness, I happened to be on an antibiotic with which I was not supposed to take with the Dramamine. This created a serious problem and I almost canceled. Fortunately, a little online search turned up information on these Psi acupressure bands and I decided to throw caution to the wind and try one. They were only fifteen dollars, so if they didn’t work, at least I had not lost a lot.

And if they did work, it would be the last money I would have to spend on anti-motion sickness products. I took my band along with me (I picked the cherry blossom design) and put it

on prior to boarding the boat. Pretty soon the waves started to kick in and I felt a very slight nausea.

I think I was panicking more than anything. I forced myself to sit down and relax and not think about the green swimmy feeling threatening to break out of my head. I had a cool drink, focused on the horizon, and pretty soon I was ok.

I had pretty much convinced myself that I cured my own motion sickness, with my mind– until an hour later. I was fine for that whole hour. I was having a great time and forgot all about the queasiness I had earlier.

Another person on the boat started to complain of dizziness and nausea, and they had never been seasick before. Someone offered ...

• them Dramamine that they had brought along with them, and the lady took it, but unfortunately, was not able to keep it down long enough for it to get into her system. I, still convinced my sheer will power had cured me of my own motion illness, offered to give her my band.

I figured that even if it only worked as a placebo that took her mind off of it, it couldn’t do any real harm. I really felt sorry for her as she looked as miserable as I had started to feel earlier. She put the band on her wrist and I explained how it was supposed to work.

She sat calmly. Within about thirty minutes or so, she was actually feeling better. I wasn’t sure if maybe part of the Dramamine had

gotten into her system after all, or her focus on the band was giving her a sort of psychologically-based relief.

It was about then that I noticed I was not feeling well again. My first thought was “you’ve got to be kidding me!” The same familiar nausea was creeping back in. I asked the lady how she was feeling and explained my situation.

She laughed and said perhaps we needed to take turns with the band. Feeling pretty silly, I reluctantly put the band back on. Within a few minutes, I was fine.

So, in a nutshell, I guess the band really works! If for no other reason than its psychological effects, I do recommend giving it a try if you are unable to use Dramamine on a water trip.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341121343030131/k2311a121/12.1.10