Pantene Pro-V intensive restoration treatment  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found it very eye catching indeed, better yet I know Pantene works

• by Melissa Glenn

I have been a huge fan of the Pantene family of hair care products for years, although lately with my budget restrictions I often can’t afford them unless they are on sale. I had been using a cheaper brand of shampoo and the ends of my hair were getting damaged, and the rest of it began to feel quite dry. Finally I splurged and bought Pantene Pro-V intensive restoration treatment for just $2.99CDN for a small 50ml squeeze tube.

The packaging for this Pantene Pro-V intensive restoration treatment is very tastefully done. The tube which rests on its twist off cap is not quite a clear color, and not quite gold. This in my eye gives

it sort of a luminescent look, and it almost shimmers. The Pantene lettering is done in white with a brown background and the Pro-V part is done in rich gold letters. I found it very eye catching indeed, better yet I know Pantene works.

The front of the tube says that this restoration treatment will ‘repair and protect’ exactly what I needed for my hair. I do find it a bit ironic though that Pantene does not call this a ‘deep conditioner’ or even a conditioning product because that is exactly what this is!

The back of the Pantene tube says that after shampooing I need to use a small amount of this restoration treatment and ...

• apply it to the damaged bits of my hair, and then leave it on for three-five minutes. At first I thought, hmmm, I could do that with any conditioner, and then while that is true, clearly my own regular conditioner did not have the strength to fix my hair so I better give this Pantene product a try.

After shampooing, I opened this tube of Pantene and was hit by the most gorgeous scent ever. While this restoration treatment does not advertise itself as ’scented’ I clearly got a rich butter cream smell with a floral undertone. I was just blown away. If Pantene ever make a perfume I hope they use this smell. I squeezed

out the amount of about two quarters, and felt how rich and creamy it was. And it was a clear color, clearly an indication there wasn’t much dye in it.

I rubbed and massaged the Pantene Pro-V intensive restoration treatment through my hair and left it on for five minutes. When I washed it out, my hair already felt soft and manageable, and the end bits that had been dry already felt like silk. I couldn’t wait to see how my hair looked when it was dried, and it did indeed look fantastic.

Now once a week I splurge and use Pantene Pro-V intensive restoration treatment, what can I say it really works. For more information visit www.pantene.com.

Pantene Pro-V intensive restoration treatment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311121342930131/k2311a121/12.1.10