Pan’s Labyrinth
  • But, I guarantee it will leave you in tears at how beautiful it really is

• by annabellee
      When I saw Pan’s Labyrinth, I was expecting a story about a little girl retreating into her elaborate fantasy world. I would have been happy with just that, but Pan’s Labyrinth was so much more.

In the beginning of the movie we are introduced to Ofelia and her mother, who is with child.

They are on their way to live with her mother’s new husband, a capitan of the Spanish army.

The first time we meet the capitan we are presented with a very harsh figure, with little time for children and little mercy.

All of the characters in the movie are very well defined, but ...

• the capitan and Ofelia stand out in my mind more than any.

They directly contrasted each other, her being an innocent little girl, and him being a corrupted, violent older man.

And he is very very violent.

The violence in this movie surprised me a great deal, but it made the movie even

more real and spectacular.

Ofelia’s world is wrought with horrible violence and so she escapes into a rich fantasy world.

Overall, Pan’s Labyrinth was a beautiful movie and I would not reccommend taking children to see it as there is very graphic violence.

But, I guarantee it will leave you in tears at how beautiful it really is.

Pan's Labyrinth

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11603134260231/k2311a036/3.6.07