Lancome Juicy Tubes Ultra Shiny Lip Gloss in Beach Plum
  • So the pigmentation is pretty strong with this one, and I like the fact that you get a high shine and no shimmer
  • It is still somewhat sheer, but I can definitely see the color
  • That is a problem that I have had before with liquid lipstick and heavily pigmented lip glosses
  • I did not take that into consideration when I bought Beach Plum

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I have been buying a lot of the Juicy Tube lip glosses for years now, most of them in being in the holiday sets. Beach Plum is a Juicy Tube lip gloss shade that I was very interested in purchasing since I saw a picture of it on the Lancome website, although usually those pictures are inaccurate and don’t give you a glimpse of the true color. But this time, the picture turned out to be pretty accurate. The color on the website is a brownish plum color, and that is indeed what the color looks like in person and on my lips.

I really wanted this color, because it

is so different from most of the other Juicy Tube shades. Most of them are sheer, watery pink shades that don’t have much pigmentation on my lips. Beach Plum is a much darker shade, and it is one of the more opaque Juicy Tube colors. So the pigmentation is pretty strong with this one, and I like the fact that you get a high shine and no shimmer. It is still somewhat sheer, but I can definitely see the color. It is an interesting color, too. It mixes purple and brown, so I end up getting a very neutral looking maroon color — more of a plum, really. So ...

• it’s a kind of a mysterious color, because it’s not an easy color to pin down.

My only concern with this shade of Juicy Tube gloss is that it seeps out into the corners of my mouth a little. That is a problem that I have had before with liquid lipstick and heavily pigmented lip glosses. I did not take that into consideration when I bought Beach Plum. So I will have to be careful about the way I apply this to my lips. Maybe I need to stay away from the corners of my mouth and only apply it on the center of my lips.

And maybe I could also

try using it as a gloss over lipstick and again just sweep it over the center of my lips. It’s a shame, because I probably would have given this a rating of 10. But now because of the seeping problem I’m having, I am going to give it only 9. I still like this lip gloss. I like that dark, moody brownish plum color and the great shine. It is $18 a tube, if you are interested. If you are tired of lipsticks in a tube but you want some color in your lip gloss, then this is a nice change, because it almost looks like a liquid lipstick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311121342471231/k2311a121/12.1.10