Estee Lauder Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Rich Red  » Cosmetics  »
  • The shade called Rich Red is definitely a true red
  • I think that is supposed to make your lips pop more and look fuller
  • This lipstick is $19.50 per tube, but I recommend that you spend the extra $18 and get the set of five lipsticks, if you can afford it

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This shade of Estee Lauder lipstick (Rich Red) is the red lip color that is in the current holiday set of five Hydra Lustre lipsticks for $37.50. If I had to break it down, that comes to about $7.50 per lipstick! And these are Estee Lauder lipsticks, so this is high-class make-up we’re talking about. That is a good value, especially considering that these are all rich, highly pigmented shades. I have tried four of them so far, and what is wonderful (besides the special price) is that you are getting five different

shades. So there’s something here for every woman, but I must tell you that all of the colors are dramatic. None of them are weak, pale shades. I am glad about that, because I have had enough of morbid, washed out looking lip colors from other cosmetic companies.

The shade called Rich Red is definitely a true red. It is a vivid color and gives you deep pigmentation, so it will show up beautifully on your lips. I guess I would call the color a scarlet red or fire-engine red. So if you are planning to go to some holiday parties or New Year’s Eve parties, then this is the perfect color to wear. You will light up the room in this sultry red lip color. It is a cream lipstick with no metallic sheen, so you just get a good shine. And I wouldn’t layer any gloss on top of this lipstick. It stands alone. If I did anything else at all to it, I would maybe just dab a little gloss on the center of my lips. I think that is supposed to make your ...

• Estee Lauder Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Rich Red
      lips pop more and look fuller. But if your lips are already full, then you don’t need to bother with that. My lips are thin, so I would dab a bit of pearly gloss, in keeping with the vibe of the holiday season (satin ribbons and bows).

This lipstick is $19.50 per tube, but I recommend that you spend the extra $18 and get the set of five lipsticks, if you can afford it. That way you will have a ready-made lipstick wardrobe with five distinct shades — scarlet red, brick red, raspberry pink,

coral, and nude brown.

So if you have been looking for a no-nonsense red lipstick that does not have pink or coral undertones, then I would recommend Estee Lauder’s Hydra Lustre lipstick in Rich Red. It is definitely the right lip color to wear during late-night outings, but at the same time, I think it is also appropriate to wear to the office. It will look gorgeous with a red blouse, red sweater, or a red blazer jacket and skirt. I hope you go to the Estee Lauder counter and take a look at it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311121342461231/k2311a121/12.1.10