Estee Lauder All-Day Lipstick in Rosa Rosa  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately, those two shades have been discontinued, but Rosa Rosa is still around
  • I only remember that I was impressed with its matte-like appearance
  • I think they could easily demand at least $20, considering that the All-Day lipstick line is an old, tried and true line that has probably outlasted many other lipstick lines from other cosmetic companies over the years

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I used to wear this Estee Lauder lipstick shade Rosa Rosa many, many years ago — at least fifteen or maybe twenty years ago. I used to like a few shades of Estee Lauder lipstick — Quince, Orchid, and Rosa Rosa. Quince was a beautiful, bright reddish orange shade. Orchid was an intense fucshia shade. Unfortunately, those two shades have been discontinued, but Rosa Rosa is still around. The All-Day lipsticks are the least expensive lipsticks that Estee Lauder carries. They are $17.50 apiece, which is a very good price considering that Estee Lauder is a well-established company that has been around for decades. Bobbi Brown lipsticks are $22 a tube, and the least expensive Lancome lipsticks are also $22. So you are saving $4.50 with

the Estee Lauder All-Day lipsticks, and you can feel confident that you are getting a high quality lipstick from a lipstick collection that in and of itself has been around for decades. I remember the All-Day collection from twenty years ago, so I am amazed that it is still around. I don’t know whether it has been changed at all, but it’s comforting to know that specific line of gorgeous lipsticks has lasted as long as it has.

I haven’t worn Rosa Rosa in a long time, but it’s only because I started getting interested in Clinique and Bobbi Brown. I just like trying a number of different make-up companies. It’s fun to experiment. But I remember Rosa Rosa as a lovely rosy plum color with strong ...

• pigmentation. I am not sure whether the company changed it as the years went by, because it says on the Estee Lauder website that it is a satin lipstick. I don’t remember it looking that way when I used to wear it. I remember it having a non-satin, cream finish. I also remember it as a matte lipstick, but some of the reviewers say that it is creamy. I don’t remember it being especially creamy. I only remember that I was impressed with its matte-like appearance. It wasn’t what I would call an ultra shiny or glossy lipstick, and I liked that about it. I also liked that it gave my lips great coverage, and I was pleased that I got good color quality. The blend
        of rose and plum was very unique, because it wasn’t a bright color but it wasn’t dull and lifeless either. It complimented my fair, pink complexion well.

Maybe I should buy Rosa Rosa again to see if it is still as pretty as I remember it to be. I really can’t believe that the company has kept this price so low at $17.50. I think they could easily demand at least $20, considering that the All-Day lipstick line is an old, tried and true line that has probably outlasted many other lipstick lines from other cosmetic companies over the years. But I am glad that Estee Lauder is offering this vintage shade Rosa Rosa in the All-Day formula at such a reasonable price. It saves us ladies some money!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311121342401231/k2311a121/12.1.10