NARS Lip Gloss in Albatross  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this NARS lip gloss at Sephora a couple of months ago
  • For the amount of money it costs, I don't think you are getting a unique gloss that really stands out from the others
  • But I don't think it is anything truly special or dazzling, so I cannot recommend spending $24 on it
  • Clinique's lip glosses are about ten dollars cheaper than NARS' glosses, and I think the same applies to the MAC lip glosses (which are called lip glasses)

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I bought this NARS lip gloss at Sephora a couple of months ago. The Albatross shade is a limited-edition shade, so I don’t know how many tubes Sephora still has in stock. But if the Sephora near you sells out of it, then you can always go online and see if it is still available on the Sephora website. And you can also go on the NARS website for it.

I was intrigued with this lip gloss shade, because it is a pearly white gloss in the tube. It is really rather sheer, though, because on my lips it looks like your basic colorless lip gloss, and it has a light frosty sheen as

well. I keep it in my purse, because its simplicity makes it the perfect gloss to put on anywhere and any time. So I have found myself reaching for it quite often. I don’t have to be too fussy about applying it just right, because it doesn’t have any real color to speak of. So because of that, I don’t need to worry too much about accidentally applying gloss outside the lines of my lips. It is practically clear, and the only color I see is the white frostiness. That makes it a no fuss, no muss lip gloss for me.

I am a little sorry that I purchased it, though, considering how expensive ...

• it is. It costs $24, which is a lot of money to spend on a lip gloss that is so basic and only has a white frosty pigmentation in it. It looks like many other lip glosses on the market, and some of those others are less expensive. For the amount of money it costs, I don’t think you are getting a unique gloss that really stands out from the others.

So as far as the gloss itself goes, it is a nice basic gloss. But I don’t think it is anything truly special or dazzling, so I cannot recommend spending $24 on it. The only thing that made it worth my while was

the fact that I have a Sephora rewards card. So whenever I make a purchase at Sephora, I accumulate points. After I reach a certain amount of points, then I am eligible to receive a free sample of something in the store.

But if you don’t have that same card, then I would suggest that you save your money and buy a less expensive lip gloss that gives you the same pearly sheen. Clinique’s lip glosses are about ten dollars cheaper than NARS’ glosses, and I think the same applies to the MAC lip glosses (which are called lip glasses). I think you would do better to choose one of those glosses instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311121342341231/k2311a121/12.1.10