REVLON ColorStay Mineral Mousse Foundation
  • I bought the REVLON ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation
  • The 30 mL tube cost less than P1,000 which I considered a reasonable price since the REVLON attendant said it could last up to three months even if I use it everyday
  • I found it easier to apply than its liquid version because it doesn't dry up as quickly
  • Unfortunately it does not do much for my oily skin so I probably won't buy it again unless my skin decides to actually stop being so oily

• by PoshMina

I have oily skin and large pores. Getting good coverage and still look natural has always been a challenge for me so when I started working again, my search for a good foundation became a “do or die” mission. I bought the REVLON ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation. It promises to stay on your face all day. It claims to be waterproof, sweatproof and smudgeproof. The 30 mL tube cost less than P1,000 which I considered a reasonable price since the REVLON attendant said it could last up to three months even if I use it everyday. Let’s do our pros and cons, shall we?

PRO: REVLON ColorStay foundation does stay on your face all

day. It is waterproof, sweatproof…and trust me, I sweat easily and a lot in our climate, and smudgeproof proven by smudge worthy activities with my beau ;-).

CON: It literally stays on unless you use the right product to get it off. What I use is Pond’s Cold Cream and a facial scrub afterwards for good measure. I break out easily so I have to make sure I get all of it off at the end of the day.

PRO: It’s very light on the face you won’t even feel like you’re wearing foundation. I found it easier to apply than its liquid version because it doesn’t dry up as quickly. I use my ...

• fingertips to apply it but you can use a dry sponge too.

CON: It only gives medium to light coverage. If you apply too much hoping for full coverage, it becomes cakey and your face would look too white or ashen.

PRO: It has a matte finish so there’s no need to use a loose or pressed powder to set it and get that matte effect.

CON: It doesn’t stay matte on my face long even if it promises to do so. Either my face is too oily or it doesn’t absorb the oil as well as it should.

Other things I liked about it is it has light SPF 20 which helps protect your

skin from sun damage and comes in a pliable portable slim tube. It’s great that the tube is pliable because you would have to massage the tube a bit before use to mix it well. The mousse separates into what looks like a layer of oil and pastelike substance after a while so if you don’t mix it well, you might end up with really dry foundation today and a really oily one on the next.

Overall REVLON ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation is a good product if you have normal to dry skin. Unfortunately it does not do much for my oily skin so I probably won’t buy it again unless my skin decides to actually stop being so oily :-)

bea says :

i think you are in the philippines right? i have a very oily skin too but when i tried the CLEAN AND CLEAR ACTIVE CLEAR ACNE CLEARING CLEANSER my oilyness vanished and it even soothes my pimples. After I had used it it lessen my breakouts too..

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129111342100330/k2311a1129/11.29.10