Windows 7  » Software  »
  • The only problem I've encountered is that, it broke my laptop's battery
  • I thought it was just the system being stupid at first, so I just restarted
  • Of course, I believe that I don't deserve it
  • Except for this mishap, I love everything about Windows 7

• by waterfiction

When the Windows 7 operating system got out, me and my friends actually got excited about it. Sure, Microsoft has its issues, but getting an upgrade is always a great thing. I’ve quickly fell in love with Windows 7. It has a very easy to use interface and it was designed magnificently and wonderfully.

I even think that it made my computer look prettier with its movable task bar icons. I’m not big on technical stuff, but from what I understand from it is that it is

really lovely. The only problem I’ve encountered is that, it broke my laptop’s battery.

You see, my laptop is only a year and a half years old. I was also taking the right steps to further maximize my battery’s life like draining it every once in a while and turning the computer off when I don’t need it. I also use the right power settings for different occasions.

I use power-saver when it’s not plugged in and I go balanced mode or high performance when it is,

• so the workload won’t take too much toll on my beloved computer. I kept on doing all of that when I started Windows 7. Then one fine day, my battery icon just had this big red X on it.

I thought it was just the system being stupid at first, so I just restarted. But when I turned it back on, the X was still there. I thought, it will pass and disappear once I get everything running, but a day later, it was still there.

Then,

my geeky boyfriend did some research and told me that some people have the same problem like mine. Apparently, Windows 7 has this tendency to continue to charge your laptop’s battery even if it’s already fully charged. In short, mine was overcharged.

I’m really sad that this happened to me. Of course, I believe that I don’t deserve it. Anyway, it has happened, so I just have to deal with it.

Except for this mishap, I love everything about Windows 7. I’ll just replace my battery instead of giving up on a great operating system.

Windows 7

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3029111341630230/k2311a1129/11.29.10