LA’s Totally Awesome Calcium Lime and Rust All Purpose Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • I have had a problem dealing with the soap scum in my bathroom
  • It was not as strong as I would have liked it to be, but it definitely ate away at a lot of grime in my tub
  • I decided to try it on the faucet as well, just for the kick of it
  • I then rubbed it down and noticed that it cleaned off a lot of the grout and rust that was there, but still left some behind
  • I think this is a great bargain for a dollar and would suggest it to people who like to save money and do not mind a little hard work

• by adrean_j

I have had a problem dealing with the soap scum in my bathroom. I have seen so many commercials saying that Calcium Lime and Rust cleaner is great for the whole tub. I did not want to spend a lot on one of these types of products and remembered that I seen one very similar in the local dollar store for only a dollar. I purchased a container of the LA’s Totally Awesome Calcium Lime and Rust All Purpose Cleaner. It was not initially in a spray bottle so I mixed it and poured it into a spray bottle so that I can spray my shower tile. When I opened up the container, I did notice a strong scent coming from the bottle. I was kind of taken by the fact that

it was so strong, but it was nothing that I could not handle. It had that kind of industrial cleaner smell, and you could easily tell they were not trying to give it any special scent. A refreshing scent would have made this cleaner better, because it would have left a lasting clean and refreshing odor in the bathroom when I am done.

I sprayed plenty of it on the tile and was trying to wipe it down. As I wiped, I did notice that a considerable amount of the scum was coming off. It was not as strong as I would have liked it to be, but it definitely ate away at a lot of grime in my tub. I decided to try it on the faucet as well, just ...

• for the kick of it. I sprayed it down and let it set for a while. I then rubbed it down and noticed that it cleaned off a lot of the grout and rust that was there, but still left some behind. I liked that it gave the faucet a bit of a shine and made it look newer. I though that this cleaner could have been better as far as really disintegrating and getting rid of calcium lime and rust. It made it very easy to clean off regular dirt from the tub and sink, which I did not expect. I like the fact it does not just concentrate on Calcium Lime and Rust and can be used in other aspects. This cleaner did do one thing that amazed me. I
        sprayed it on the inside of my toilet. The toilet was stained and was not white. After letting it set and doing a little scrubbing, it turned my toilet shades whiter and eliminated a lot of the stains.

I like this cleaner, but feel it could be a little stronger. I think that this cleaner has many purposes and is still much stronger than most all purpose cleaners are. It is versatile and eats away at scum, rust and grime. It leaves my bathroom looking shiny and clean. I have to do a little extra scrubbing to get everything to look like new, but it is worth it. I think this is a great bargain for a dollar and would suggest it to people who like to save money and do not mind a little hard work.

Coloraide says :

re : I think this is a great bargain for a dollar and would suggest it to people who like to save money and do not mind a little hard work
    This stuff is great I had a heating radiator burst and run rusty water all over my off white shag area rug. Four bottles of this in a tub of water cleaned the rust off of my wool rug. It is cleaner and nicer than it was new. Thank you awesome

Jennifer Davis says :

Did you experience any shrinking in your rug after using this?

quick note by anonymous :

If you want it stronger you can buy it in eBay under the name of disodium trioxilicate (powder). You add water to obtain the concentration wanted. But to avoid the problems use the Rust Lime Calcium a couple of times or get the Lime-A-way for $ 1. This is another great product. I have nothing to do with any of the products or the Dollar Tree.

Sarah says :

Left a bit even after soaking and elbow grease but great for a buck

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5329111341260230/k2311a1129/11.29.10