Steady Step Sol Step Heel Cushion by Brown Medical Industries  » Health  »
  • All of these things played a significant part in my recovery– as did a night splint that I found on my own, and this product
  • I bought one a while back and now that my heels are better I just wear them when I know I will be doing a lot of standing, so I use them preventatively
  • I would recommend these to anyone who has heel pain

• by reviewabit

If you have ever suffered from plantar fasciitis, or “heel spur” as it is sometimes called, you know how miserable it can be. Years of working in a retail job where I stood for long hours took their toll on my poor heels and I developed severe pain in my heels when walking. I went for professional treatment and received special shoes, inserts and cortisone shots.

All of these things played a significant part in my recovery– as did a night splint that I found on my own, and this product. I bought this specifically for one thing.

As soon as I saw it, I

knew I wanted it. Having heel pain in my left foot generally meant that when I was relaxing at home and just walking around the house, I had to wear my shoes with the inserts.

Otherwise, the pain would be worse later– even if it had only been barefoot for a short time. Basically, the only time I ever went barefoot was in the shower.

I really missed being able to walk around in my bare feet, especially in the summer when I just wanted to be cool and comfortable. This little device was a God send to me.

It is basically a stocking type ...

• of thing that holds a heel cushion insert in place, without being a hot, heavy shoe. It’s as comfortable as a sandal, and with the way it is made it can be worn alone or even inside your shoes.

The stocking type material holds onto the back of your heel and your ankle so it doesn’t slide around, and it is just enough support that it is still comfortable and not too binding. I could even wear these to bed and I don’t think they would bother me.

I know I will be doing a lot of standing, so I use them preventatively. The cushion has a gel insert that you can put in the freezer if you need some cold therapy for your heel.

It doesn’t last very long but it sure feels good while it does. I would recommend these to anyone who has heel pain.

Even if your pain is very mild, you can make it get better by spending as much time as you can walking on a heel cushion, and this is a great way to do it without being constantly tied to wearing your shoes. I absolutely love this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429111340910130/k2311a1129/11.29.10