Sunkist California Pistachios  » Food  »
  • I bought Sunkist California Pistachios when they were on sale, and still they were a bit expensive, almost $5 for a 14 oz plastic container

• by Lorianna
      I bought Sunkist California Pistachios when they were on sale, and still they were a bit expensive, almost $5 for a 14 oz plastic container. For some reason, pistachios are always more pricy than peanuts.

Still, once in a while I treat myself to them.

Sunkist pistachios are

dry roasted, and they come in-shell; the shells are cracked open, so it is quite easy to pull the nut out.

Some may find it annoying that you have to do that, but I actually like it.

To me, shelling each one before eating it prolongs the pleasure.

...

• Dry roasted pistachios have distinct salty taste, somewhat similar to that of roasted peanuts yet at the same time different; it is hard to describe, I guess you just have to try them.

This particular brand was very good; I didn’t find any nuts with barely cracked or

completely closed shells, which happens sometimes and makes getting to the nut difficult.

The taste was just right, too.

My only complaint is that the plastic container the pistachios were sold in was very fragile, it broke shortly after I opened it.

Except for that, it’s a good product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27503134090931/k2311a035/3.5.07