Magnetic Back and Shoulder Support - Regular (Colonial Medical Assisted Devices)  » Health  »
0.5
  • I also noticed it was making red marks where the middle straps went around my sides
  • Unfortunately my relief was short lived as someone so kindly took and interest and bought another one from a different maker
  • For the record, I have no problem with the magnets being in the brace

• by reviewabit

I received this product as a gift when I was having some back pain due to fibromyalgia flare ups and a minor injury to the muscles. I never really found out exactly why or how magnets were supposed to help, but I wore the support anyway. I have pretty poor posture, and when I first started wearing it, the way it held my shoulders up straight was quite painful. Take a mundane repetitive strain injury and multiply it by twelve and you have an idea what it is like to deal with a tiny, minor injury to a fibromyalgia patient.

That is how it was affecting my

shoulders. I was encouraged to try and stick with it, so I did, but at my own pace. I wore it for a few hours a day but when I could no longer take the discomfort, I would take it off awhile.

I also noticed it was making red marks where the middle straps went around my sides. I really didn’t enjoy wearing this thing and I just did it to appease others who were so convinced it would help. I’d like to say it eventually worked, but I don’t know if it would have.

After a couple of weeks, the thing pretty much fell apart. I ...

• don’t think it was very well made in the first place, and the straps just fell off it. I was secretly relieved that I was off the hook and no longer had to wear it!

Unfortunately my relief was short lived as someone so kindly took and interest and bought another one from a different maker.

I dreaded the new ordeal. This is when my real opinion of the magnetic one which I am reviewing was permanently sealed. This new brace I received was made in a similar way, but without magnets.

It was actually tolerable and did not produce pain or skin irritation.

As a fibromyalgia patient and a kind person, I would like to warn others against this product. Life is too short to be miserable, and if you are looking for a back brace you are probably miserable enough already.

Look for another brand…. there are better ones out there. For the record, I have no problem with the magnets being in the brace.

That may have been a good thing, I just never was able to wear it comfortably long enough to know. I might try a magnetic one again in the future, if the need arises. My problem with this brace was the rest of it- not the magnets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429111340860130/k2311a1129/11.29.10