Birds Eye Voila Skillet Dinner
2.0
  • As a result, we ended up running to the store in search of something that was delicious yet affordable (since I don't get paid until next week)
  • If you are looking for something quick for dinner and visit the skillet dinner section of your grocery store, I would recommend buying these only if you can't find anything cheaper and, if there is more than one person eating, you will want to plan on buying more than one

• by Review Vigilante

My wife and I discovered we really needed to do some major grocery shopping yesterday when we went searching for something for dinner and realized we really didn’t have anything worth eating. As a result, we ended up running to the store in search of something that was delicious yet affordable (since I don’t get paid until next week).

After looking around the freezer section for some time, we ended up picking out

a Birds Eye Voila skillet dinner (shrimp scampi).

When we saw this, we were a bit concerned with the $5 price on it; mostly because we weren’t convinced one bag was going to be enough.

But, since the other brands weren’t much cheaper and didn’t look any more appetizing, we ended up buying it anyway.

First of all, we were right about this.

The quantity just was not there.

Even with only two ...

• people eating it, there wasn’t enough for us to have more than one serving each.

And, that one serving wasn’t very filling considering the scampi lacked shrimp.

We only had a few small pieces; not enough to provide us with a legitimately filling dinner.

As far as taste is concerned, it wasn’t bad.

But, it wasn’t anything special.

Let’s put it this way, there were a couple dinners that were selling for half

the price.

Those, while affordable, don’t taste the greatest but, to be perfectly honest, I didn’t notice much of a difference between those and this more expensive brand.

If you are looking for something quick for dinner and visit the skillet dinner section of your grocery store, I would recommend buying these only if you can’t find anything cheaper and, if there is more than one person eating, you will want to plan on buying more than one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2729111340620130/k2311a1129/11.29.10