Hallmark Store in Vacaville, CA  » Business  »
Vacaville Commons S/C, 2050 Harbison Dr, Vacaville, CA 95687
  • Personally, I think they are a waste of money, considering the receivers enjoy the cards for a week or so and then dispose of them
  • Plain cards with a sincere, personal message are more than enough, in my opinion

• by Amor Fati

As a teenager, I loathed Amy’s Hallmark store in Vacaville, CA. My mother would drag me there between two and four times a month, taking her time looking at all the little knickknacks as I tried not to pout. Now, a little older, I have an increasing appreciation for the company.

I used to make birthday and Christmas cards for my friends and family. However, now that I have more responsibilities, I find less time to do these crafts. Hallmark cards allow me to continue congratulating family members on another year past and sending friends words of encouragement or commiseration. Mainly I purchase and send serious, sincere cards with no animation. The newest cards which play music or allow senders to record their voices are not for me. Personally,

I think they are a waste of money, considering the receivers enjoy the cards for a week or so and then dispose of them. Plain cards with a sincere, personal message are more than enough, in my opinion.

The store in Vacaville has countless trinkets for customers to spend money on. Many of them are very cute. For example, during the holidays, customers will find Christmas tree ornaments, snowmen, Santa Clauses, Christmas books, angels, Jim Shore artwork, Yankee candles, stuffed animals, candy dishes, candies, gift packages, mugs, plaques, crosses, and so much more. Women, along with the occasional husband, can be soon looking at and playing with these trinkets during all times of the day. And I have seen women spend over a hundred dollars on one visit to ...

• the store.

The pricing is what one would expect for a store which, in essence, sells art. A three by three inch stocking with the head of a cat sewn on is advertised at 6.95 dollars. A Jim Shore nativity figurine sells at over 30 dollars. Stuffed animals, which are on the shelves year-round, attract customers at 10 to 25 dollars, the price depending on the size. Of course, the cards sell anywhere between 1.95 and 4.25 or more. In short, the items are a little expensive. All the same, this doesn’t seem to stop the customers at Vacaville from making large purchases.

Located in a safer part of Vacaville, the store banner attracts customers and the layout inside begs for customers to come investigate. As marketing classes teach, layout

has a major part to do with if customers will buy or not. And this store excels, explaining their continued success in the hurting California economy.

Lastly, the customer service is friendly. They recognize frequent customers and greet them by name. Asking them about their week and how they can help. Many stories are told at the cashier counter located in the middle of the store, where everyone in the store can hear. Since most of the customers are older women, they find this is heavenly, because many of them seem trusting and more than willing to have a short chat.

The company targets older women, because they normally have the most money. So, women who enjoy sending cards and buying trinkets will take great delight in Amy’s Hallmark store in Vacaville, CA.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4128111340220930/k2311a1128/11.28.10