Pioneer Classic 3 Ring Photo Album  » Other  »
  • I love to travel and I take tons of photographs which I like to get printed, so I often need durable and easy-to-use photo albums that are also inexpensive
  • I bought a couple of Pioneer Classic 3 ring photo albums to try
  • I was very disappointed with these albums

• by gallopmonkey

I love to travel and I take tons of photographs which I like to get printed, so I often need durable and easy-to-use photo albums that are also inexpensive. I bought a couple of Pioneer Classic 3 ring photo albums to try.

The covers are appealing and come in a variety of different designs, many of which attracted me immediately. They’re nicer looking than your average solid color photo album, but that’s about the only thing I like about them.

I was very disappointed with these albums! When empty they look fine and usable, and even advertise that they have refill pages available, but in actual fact, I’ve realized that

it’s totally impractical. When the albums are filled with photographs, they expand the pages, and even without refills, it’s almost impossible to close the binders properly. I can’t imagine how anybody would be able to use the refills if they bought them - there simply is no room for them. These are some of the most poorly-designed photo albums I’ve ever seen, and I honestly can’t believe that the designer wouldn’t factor in the added volume of the photographs into the design. I’ve found that at least one of the three rings breaks very quickly, which snags the pages and rips the plastic, often causing the photographs to ...

• fall out of the sleeve. It also makes the pages very difficult to turn, because you always have to coax them around the uneven ring. When I want to look at my photographs, I want to do so with ease, and not have to worry about a broken photo album. In addition, due to the fact that the albums fill up so quickly, the first pages are constantly bent. It’s annoying that my photos are getting bent because somebody can’t design an album properly!

Each page has a small piece of white paper between the top and bottom photographs for captions to be written upon. While there’s lots

of room for detailed captions, it’s very tricky to actually get the paper out of the plastic cover. Once filled in, I find it even more difficult to coax the paper back into the plastic sleeve, and have ripped the pages more than once. I spend more time trying to slip the papers back into the album than I do writing the captions. It’s a time-waster, and I find myself dreading the entire process.

While I might purchase these albums again just because of the price, I guess it’s true that you get what you pay for. In the future, I’d much rather pay a little more and save on the frustrations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1228111339830930/k2311a1128/11.28.10