Bohol, Philippines  » Travel  »
  • That time I was pregnant but since I really love to travel in different places, I see to it that I can still travel once more before I give birth to my second child
  • We choose to stay along Panglao Beach to see the beauty of the island which is the best island in Bohol
  • You have to reserve earlier to avoid long waiting
  • Bohol is one of the amazing and wonderful tourist places ever in the Philippines
  • For this at affordable cost you will spend for the following

• by Najhor

I had a great time when I and my family had a vacation last summer (April 2010) in Bohol, Philippines. That time I was pregnant but since I really love to travel in different places, I see to it that I can still travel once more before I give birth to my second child.

Bohol is an island province filled with both natural and historic attractions, truly a visitors dream and an eco cultural paradise. I give two thumbs up in that place.

In getting there, from Cebu you have to ride a fast craft. They have two fast craft: Weesam and Oceanjet. You must decide what fast craft you’ll ride and must plan ahead the schedule time for your return in Cebu. To avail discount you should get an earlier reservation of a round trip ticket in one fast craft only.

When we arrived at Tagbilaran Port which is the capital of Bohol – The Tagbilaran City, we directly proceed to our Hotel at Tierra Azul in Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol. We

traveled for 30 minutes. We choose to stay along Panglao Beach to see the beauty of the island which is the best island in Bohol.

Our itinerary for our whole day tour was scheduled in the following morning. After breakfast, we depart going to Sagbayan Peak where you can view the beautiful chocolate hills. My tip is to have an earlier schedule of departure from hotel due to long drive of travel from one place to another. It took 2 hours in getting there. Let’s say, 7:30 A.M. is the best time to depart the hotel. Unlike us, we left around 9:00 A.M. in which we got troubled in our schedule. We did not see other target beauty spots of the place because were short of time.

Next, we dropped by at the Chocolate Hills. They were really plenty and brown. That’s why it is advisable to travel during summer time so that you can see the beauty of the chocolate hills because they turn green during rainy season.

Next,

• we had our lunch at Loboc River. You have to reserve earlier to avoid long waiting. They serve Eat All You Can lunch at P 350.00/head, they served sometous food. It’s a nice place to relax while riding on their floating restaurant. You will enjoy the beautiful river, children’s choir singing in one stop over floating stage, diving children on tree top to the river to swim, beautiful falls and band performing while having lunch.

Next, we visited the tarsier. They were really small brown animal with enormous eyes. They adapted their physical look in 5 different animals: eyes of an owl, ears of a bat, tail of a mouse, skeleton of a frog and a head of a monkey

Next stop is we visited the biggest python snake. There you buy the cheapest give away for your friends and relatives for “pasalubong” in Filipino term.

Next is the Baclayon Church, an oldest Catholic stone church building in the Philippines. It was constructed during the Spanish occupation where the first Spanish missionaries settled

in the area in the late 15th century.

And lastly is the Blood Compact Site a historical place where Sikatuna and Legaspi is considered as the First Treaty of Friendship between two different races, religions, cultures and civilizations. It was a treaty of friendship based on respect and equality.

Bohol is one of the amazing and wonderful tourist places ever in the Philippines. So if you’re going in Cebu. Better visit Bohol because it’s just a 2 hours ride via sea. Hope you too can visit Bohol with your family and love ones.

I recommend having an itinerary ahead of time, having a tourist guide, van rented and a hotel reservation for a comfortable and enjoyable vacation.

For this at affordable cost you will spend for the following:

Rent a Van P 3,000.00 Hotel 1,500.00/room good for 4 pax. with breakfast Day tour with lunch at Loboc River 500.00+/pax Entrance fees 150.00+/pax Fast craft (roundtrip) 800.00+/pax

Hope this will help you. Have a nice trip.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3828111339310830/k2311a1128/11.28.10