Kirkland’s Macadamia Clusters with Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate
  • First, it’s because I love macadamia nuts and this one is so full of it
  • Aside from this, although I like caramel, mixed with chocolate, it can often make the treat unbearably sweet

• by TheCity

My grandmother gave us a jar of Kirkland’s Macadamia Clusters which my cousins and I shared yesterday. Although it is really quite a sinful chocolate treat, all of us ate several pieces each throughout the day. I’ve tried Kirkland’s Almond Clusters and other products before, but this one stands out.

First, it’s because I love macadamia nuts and this one is so full of it. Each piece has

around five pieces of macadamia nuts that there are always generous amounts of it in every bite. The nuts are crunchy and fresh and not a single piece was stale.

Second, the salted caramel is a perfect addition to make this treat unique. Without this, the chocolate would have been just like any of the chocolate-covered macadamia nut candies out there. The chewy caramel gives an ...

• extra texture, which contrasts to the creamy chocolate and the crunchy nuts. The contrast of different textures in your mouth makes the chocolate fun to eat. Aside from this, although I like caramel, mixed with chocolate, it can often make the treat unbearably sweet. However, because it is salted, the salty taste is a very welcome addition to break the monotonous sweetness of the product. I can
        also imagine that it would be good if the chocolate was dark instead of milk chocolate.

Overall, I must say that Kirkland always has quality products and their Macadamia Clusters with Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate is one of the more unique ones I have tasted. Although the fat and calorie content is deadly if you want to watch your weight, it is a good indulgence from time to time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2726111338940930/k2311a1126/11.26.10