Enchanted Kingdom Theme Park  » Leisure  »
Sta. Rosa, Laguna, Philippines
  • The school administrators believed the students deserved to experience the real fun after a long day of visiting educational places so EK has always been included in the itinerary as the last destination
  • I wasn't so disappointed because I really enjoyed the rides but I wished I had more time to spend
  • But when I think of the experience I got sans the joy the rides gave me, it makes me cringe and think I don't want to come back

• by chsandi

Enchanted Kingdom Theme Park Travel and Related

If you decided to visit the Philippines and one day you were missing the Disneyland so you were itching to go to some theme park, Enchanted Kingdom (EK) is the place to go. It’s not because it is similar to the Disneyland, but because there are only few theme parks in the country and EK is the smartest choice. But all things, including must-see places, have down sides too.

It was during our field trip when I was given the chance to visit the place. I was in my fourth year in high school then. The school administrators believed the students deserved to experience the “real

fun” after a long day of visiting educational places so EK has always been included in the itinerary as the last destination. I was so ecstatic as it was my first time to visit the theme park. In my mind I wanted to try every ride but when we arrived, the place was packed. And since we arrived there at around 5 in the afternoon and needed to get back to our tour bus by 7pm, I was only able to experience 4 rides because of limited time. Also, the long queue in each ride ate most of our time. I wasn’t so disappointed because I really enjoyed the rides but I ...

• wished I had more time to spend. I said to myself I shall come back and try everything I missed.

Years passed and I was finally back last year with my friends during our semestral break. To summarize our visit, it was fine but disappointing Things actually changed but not all for the better. Fees were higher, foods were more expensive, and the worst of all, the lines were longer. We actually saw students just like us 4 years ago. I kind of blamed them for the long queue in each ride. I could only imagine people so irritated with us back then. Also, there were some rides that we should pay

extra for. I realized, the last time I was there, the payment for the rides I went to were all included in the ticket fee we paid during entrance. Plus, food weren’t allowed to bring inside so we were obliged to pay for food from the stores at the park.

I mentioned it was fine but disappointing. I did enjoy the rides especially the Space Shuttle which is their version of a rollercoaster, and Rio Grande which is a wild water ride. But when I think of the experience I got sans the joy the rides gave me, it makes me cringe and think I don’t want to come back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6126111338930930/k2311a1126/11.26.10