Carnival Cruises  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • To be completely safe, avoid the buffet altogether, though there are good points, such as exotic foods that vary by day

• by SamOconnor

Carnival Cruises is probably the most well-known and least expensive cruise line. As one could expect, it has its ups and downs. I’ll try to remain objective, as some aspects of the cruise are undeniably great, while some are absolutely sickening.

First of all, don’t expect the rooms to be clean once you first board (unless you get one of the suites. Cleaning apparently takes place once the ship shoves off, as the beds in my room were without sheets, and

(much to my dismay) the toilet was occupied by an unflushed turd at least 14 inches in length. After flushing the toilet with my foot, I called the room, and they apologized profusely about the turd, giving me a complimentary bottle of champagne.

Next, the food. The buffet generally has a variety. I implore all of you to stay away from the pizza/burger section, not only because we eat that stuff everyday, but beacuse of the people that lurk around ...

• that area. I kid you not, these people are of prodigious size and make no qualms about farting loudly. To be completely safe, avoid the buffet altogether, though there are good points, such as exotic foods that vary by day.

STAY AWAY FROM THE TOP DECK! I cannot stress this enough. If you want to see the water, your room has a balcony; use it. The top deck is host to many hot tubs in which some of the fattest

people I have ever seen copulate, expecting everyone to vacate. It’s filthy, but it happens. But please, don’t let this discourage you from using Carnival, as this situation can easily be avoided by just STAYING OFF THE TOP DECK!!!

Finally, the excursions. This really depends on your location. I went to Mexico, and the excursion was great. I got two boxes of real Cuban Cohibas, and I saw a donkey show. In short, the cruise is pleasant enough, if you take the aforementioned precautions.

Carnival Cruises

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 426111338780830/k2311a1126/11.26.10