Star Wars: A New Hope (1977 Film)  » Movies  »
  • I can definitely see, after watching this movie, why it had made such an impact on many
  • It must have been absolutely amazing to see a movie with this sci-fi plot to be brought to the big screen for all to enjoy
  • I have to say, I really enjoyed this film
  • And I know that many younger individuals might know of the Star Wars films, or have watched the newer ones, but maybe not have seen the originals

• by Susanna Frank

Even if we have never before seen Star Wars, we are still familiar with the basic plot of the film and how much of an impact they have had on generations. Until recently, I had only seen one Star Wars movies, and it was the newer ones that came out. I had never seen the originals. My boyfriend, being a Star Wars fanatic, was kind enough to watch the very first movie with me, which is called “A New Hope”. I can definitely see, after watching this movie, why it had made such an impact on many.

This film, which came out

in 1977, must have been an awesome movie to see in theaters. I can’t imagine what it would have been like to be sitting there in the theater chairs and watching as Luke Skywalker came across the Sand People and then Obi-Wan Kenobi. Or to wonder if Luke and Han Solo would be able to fight off Darth Vader’s enemy ships as they made their escape. It must have been absolutely amazing to see a movie with this sci-fi plot to be brought to the big screen for all to enjoy.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this film. And ...

• I know that many younger individuals might know of the Star Wars films, or have watched the newer ones, but maybe not have seen the originals. Either because they think they are too old, and there won’t be that much greatness to them, or whatever the reason may be, I know that there are some people who have not yet seen the beginning of Star Wars. The cast is amazing, and fit into their parts perfectly that no one else can really take over that part as well as they did. And the story behind it, a young boy wanting to
        follow in the footsteps of his father to become a Jedi and getting caught up in saving a princess and traveling the galaxy, it’s all just so amazing! He was a farmer one day, and the next he was a hero.

There is no doubt that this film has made me want to continue watching the other two original movies before going on to watching the newer ones. I can’t wait to watch the second film, and I really hope that other’s can take the time to enjoy the original films of Star Wars, and start off by watching “A New Hope”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1126111338750830/k2311a1126/11.26.10