Rajasa Hotel  » Hotels  »
2.5
Jl Badrawati No. 2, Borobudur, Magelang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
  • I think I set my personal record for taking a bath as quickly as possible
  • I would recommend Hotel Rajasa to the anything goes, backpacker kind of traveler
  • But because of my horrid bathroom experience, I can't rate it high enough

• by thegirlfrombrazil

If not for the complete desire to see the Borobudur temple during sunrise, we would never have ended up in the Rajasa Hotel. It wasn’t our first choice, but since the hotel we were looking at was already full, we had to settle for the second closest hotel to the UNESCO World Heritage site.

We were picked up by a plush looking vehicle in the airport in Yogyakarta and it took us an hour and a half to get to Magelang. Imagine the roller coaster in my stomach thinking I’d be seeing the Borobudur any second when in reality, I was a few more kilometers away.

I was a bit shocked at the hotel. As I said earlier, we were picked up by

a plush looking vehicle (and it looked quite new), but the hotel–if you can call it that–looked like some house that was extended at the back to make more rooms. Kudos to the design though, the stone walls reminded me of Batanes. When we were shown our room, which by the way was their most expensive one because it had air-conditioning and a bathtub, my happy tourist aura just flew out the window. I didn’t mind the spartan design and the lack of the TV and internet. What really depressed me was their bathroom that seemed to have been neglected for ages. The maroon color of the tiles and the fixtures just worsened the vibe. I seriously did not feel clean ...

• after taking a bath there! And the bathtub was clogged. I think I set my personal record for taking a bath as quickly as possible. I would have chosen not to use a bathroom if the bathroom was like that.

In fairness to the hotel though, everything else was good. I really, really loved their veranda. I spent late afternoons reading my book and watching the farmers herd his goats to safety. It was very peaceful. Mostly because we were the only guests that stayed there for 3 nights so we had the place to ourselves. It being a smaller province in the vicinity of the bigger province of Yogyakarta, everything was laid back and very simple. Children walked to school and

I was extremely jealous of that! The shops closed way too early though so we ended up buying stuff from the hotel instead.

Their staff, which are all related, were very kind and helpful. They even gave me a free map when I was just trying to locate where we were.

Breakfast is on them, but the choices are very limited. I only ordered pancakes which were actually in crepe style because it was the most filling. Very simple but healthy.

I would recommend Hotel Rajasa to the anything goes, backpacker kind of traveler. It’s very affordable (Rp250,000 for a night best room), and it’s just 5 minutes away from the Borobudur temple. But because of my horrid bathroom experience, I can’t rate it high enough.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 226111338610830/k2311a1126/11.26.10