Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Rubellite  » Cosmetics  »
  • I recommend that you see if you can find the set I purchased somewhere

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This Estee Lauder lipstick came as part of a set of three pink lipsticks in a hot pink clutch purse. The set was sold in honor of breast cancer awareness, and the proceeds from the sale went towards breast cancer research. Estee Lauder even went to the extent of making the lipstick tubes metallic pink. So the company really went all out with this classy set, and it was all for $25. That is a great price, considering that each of the lipsticks normally costs $22 apiece.

Rubellite is a very pretty bright pink shade, almost like the color of candy or the gemstone pink tourmaline, and this lipstick has a

metallic sheen that adds some extra dimension to it. It is hard to describe the color, because it is almost hot pink but not exactly. It’s good to see some brighter pinks out there, considering that some of the other make-up companies like Clinique have been putting out a lot of muted rose shades that look a little dull on my face. This shade Rubellite is a nice lively shade of pink, but it is not so bright that you will have to squint your eyes when you look at it.

This Estee Lauder lipstick is very creamy and velvety on my lips. I can tell that it is a good quality ...

• lipstick, and it gives me a certain feeling of confidence to know that it was created by a company that has been around for decades. Estee Lauder is one of the biggies. I look forward to trying the other two pink lipsticks in this set, although I doubt those shades will be any prettier than Rubellite. I would call Rubellite the ideal or quintessential shade of pink, the must-have pink lipstick that all pink lipstick-loving ladies should have in their purse. It will look beautiful with a pink dress, especially a cocktail dress or gown. But even if you just wear it with a lovely pink blouse or sweater, it will
        complete your look nicely. And you can even layer it over a pale pink lipstick if you want to. I may try layering it over some of those dull pink Clinique lipsticks I have.

I recommend that you see if you can find the set I purchased somewhere. Maybe one of the department stores still has one or two sets available. That way, instead of paying $22 for Rubellite alone, you can get two more lipsticks and a pink clutch purse for just $3 more. Then you can sample a couple of other pink lipsticks, too, and then you will have a different shade of pink to fit your mood each day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124111338491130/k2311a1124/11.24.10