Riverina Aboriginal Medical and Dental Corporation  » Health  »
0.5
14 Trail St, Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia
  • I am thoroughly disgusted by RivMed and would not bother to go there or suggest anyone else should

• by aussiegirl

An excellent community resource squandered due to poor management and appalling staff. RivMed offers general practitioners, a nurse and dental service as well as transport free to Aboriginal people.

As a patient at RivMed I was kept waiting for two and a half hours, being constantly lied to by reception that I was next to see a doctor, while every single person who came in after me was seen first. I could not believe that it was a coincidence that receptionists knew many of these clients,

as demonstrated by how friendly they were towards them, some even rating as ‘aunty’ or ‘uncle’ and that my skin tone was distinctively lighter. As someone who has lived and worked in several Aboriginal communities I felt discriminated against - something which I would not have expected here - and was left wondering why nepotism spoils so many initiatives given to Aboriginal people. Common sense would tell anyone that if there are no doctors available within the three hours allocated to drop ins that people could ...

• be told rather than being left waiting for nothing, and I was not about to accept this as an excuse.

The transport offerred by RivMed is incredibly unreliable, the driver failing to show up when he has been booked even days in advance. When this has happened to me appointments have been rescheduled and no apology or explanation offerred.

The last doctor which I saw at RivMed could not use her computer properly to read my medical reports and dismissively told me that documentation sent twice by

the hospital was ‘lost’ - again without apology or explanation. Despite the fact that I had been prescribed a medication for two years and had the documented history to prove this I was told that it was ‘against our policy’ to write the prescription. I can’t even guess why someone would bother to work as a doctor if they are not going to provide treatment, and no alternative was offerred to me.

I am thoroughly disgusted by RivMed and would not bother to go there or suggest anyone else should.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424111338191030/k2311a1124/11.24.10