Greenwich’s Meat and Cheese Overload Pizza  » Food  »
2.0
  • I can survive a whole week eating pizza alone, that is how much I love pizza
  • Overall, I didn't like my experience with this pizza

• by michi02

I can survive a whole week eating pizza alone, that is how much I love pizza. I go loco when I see a pizza with different kinds of meat and an overwhelming amount of mozarella cheese. Thus when I passed by a Greenwich pizza store one day, my eyes were caught by the tarpaulin outside which contained a picture of a huge pizza with bacon, salami, beef, sausage, mozarella and parmesan cheese.

The name of the pizza is Meat & Cheese Overload. And yes, when our order arrived it

really looked like it’s been overloaded with yellowish white (cheese) and pink to brown(ham, salami, beef, sausage) things. I was so excited to give it a try. But when I got a slice the cheese on my slice wouldn’t separate with the rest of the pizza, it just expanded. When it did, all the toppings of the pizza went along with the cheese. So I was left with only the bread and a little cheese. I had to pick the pieces back to my pizza so that I could ...

• eat them together. It was a struggle to eat them all together because the bread was soft it could not hold everything together. Every time I took a bite the bacon would fall off or the salami. In short, I did not enjoy eating because I have to be too careful so that the toppings wouldn’t fall.

I love mozarella but I did not like the mozarella in this pizza. First, because it is more white than yellow, it looks like it needs more time in the oven. I

am used to seeing yellow and orange mozarella which for me indicates that it has been baked well. Second, the taste was too bland for me. I was used to tasting mozarella as being a little salty. The mozarella in this pizza was just soft and has a gummy-like texture but I wasn’t able to taste anything at all.

Overall, I didn’t like my experience with this pizza. Even though it was overflowing with toppings and cheese,it didn’t taste good to me. Maybe it was taken out of the oven very early.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2724111337951030/k2311a1124/11.24.10