“Ernest Scared Stupid” (1991 Film)  » Movies  »
  • I think this is a great family film, where children can understand that appearances are not everything, and the fact Ernest of all people in the town was able to save them

• by Susanna Frank

Many people are familiar with the Ernest films. Each of them are themed differently but revolve around a loveable and child-like man who can be clumsy at times but becomes everyone’s friend and sometimes hero by the time the film is over. Not to mention he makes me laugh almost the entire time I’m watching one of his movies. “Ernest Scared Stupid”, a 1991 film where the town that Ernest lives in gets invaded by trolls that Ernest accidentally unleashes.

The troll that is unleashed is an ugly fellow named

Trantor, and his main goal is to turn the children of the town into wooden dolls. Once Ernest lets him out, some children actually become wooden dolls and Trantor leaves them in a cave in the forest, he then attempts to bring about his friends to help him in this crusade. Ernest looks to the towns local loony bird so to speak, Old Lady Hackmore for help and she does in fact help him in defeating the trolls. Milk is their weakness and Ernest uses it against them to help ...

• save the towns children from turning into wooden dolls. In doing so, he unleashes children from the passed who were turned into wooden dolls, who just so happen to be Old Lady Hackmore’s siblings. She is reunited with them, and Ernest shows everyone that he is much more than the childish crazy man who lives in town.

This movie really touched my heart, and I felt so sorry for Ernest after he unleashes the troll and the grownups around town don’t believe him. I think this is a great family film,

where children can understand that appearances are not everything, and the fact Ernest of all people in the town was able to save them. I can’t think of a better person to have played Ernest, and the casting of this film was also very well scripted. Overall, the film made me want happy that good prevailed over evil, and it was truly a film that I could enjoy with my entire family, and when we find movies like that, I tend to hold on to them for future family nights as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124111337700930/k2311a1124/11.24.10