Crest 3D Whitening Toothpaste  » Health  »
1.0
  • It was a little expensive at $6 for a 4oz tube, but I decided that if it worked it would be worth the extra couple bucks
  • Unfortunately, it proved to be a waste of every penny
  • The texture of the toothpaste is interesting to say the least

• by Ricardo L

Recently I was in the market for toothpaste that can whiten my cola and coffee-stained teeth while doing what the regular pastes do (remove plaque, eliminate gingivitis, kill bacteria, etc). While in CVS one day, I came across a box of Crest 3D toothpaste whose box advertised precisely what I was looking for. It was a little expensive at $6 for a 4oz tube, but I decided that if it worked it would be worth the extra couple bucks. Unfortunately, it proved to be a

waste of every penny.

The texture of the toothpaste is interesting to say the least. It’s almost like pumice soap. It is full of gritty particles and seems to be a little whipped up and light weight. It feels really weird when using it. I don’t mind it, but some people might. The worst part about the toothpaste is its taste. It’s absolutely terrible. I would brush my teeth with auto grease before Crest 3D when it comes to taste. It advertises mint, but it tastes like a 4-year-old mint wafer. What’s worse, it leaves behind a strong, long lasting aftertaste that tastes like a bleeding cold soar. Add the fact that it leaves my mouth stunningly dry. I don’t know what they put in this toothpaste that could make it taste so bad. As with the texture, if it actually did what it advertised, I wouldn’t mind it so badly.

The toothpaste doesn’t whiten my teeth at all. It made the outlines of a couple of my front teeth ...

• Crest 3D Whitening Toothpaste
      a little whiter, but that’s as far as it’s gone. I’ve been using it for over a month now and I’m still yet to see any results. It isn’t like my teeth are stained with deck stain; it’s just coffee and cola. And they’re not even that bad. I brush for the whole two minutes and exactly how you’re supposed to, twice. It doesn’t work at all. It makes my breath smell exactly how it tastes- like I just ate a 4-year-old mint wafer. The
      one thing it does to is remove all the plaque that was on my teeth, but every toothpaste does that.

I don’t know what they’re thinking when they say it whitens teeth and leaves behind a fresh mouth. It left me with the same color teeth with light edges, a terrible aftertaste, even worse breath, and $6 bucks down the drain. I threw away my tube and got some conventional toothpaste. It does the same thing and doesn’t taste bad, for half the price. Don’t bother wasting your money.

Erica Hedberg says :

I got a sample of this from my dentist and decided to try it. It definitely has a different texture than other toothpastes but it definitely made my teeth feel clean. I am not sure if it whitens better than my other toothpaste but I really like the texture and my mouth feels fresh after I use it.

Kinsley says :

re : It was a little expensive at $6 for a 4oz tube, but I decided that if it worked it would be worth the extra couple bucks
I absolutely agree with them that the toothpaste is a little too expensive at 6 dollars for a 4oz tube but after I tried it crest 3D white and crest pro health it became my go too toothpaste.

Linda B. says :

That’s one of the things I hate, the price of toothpaste, toilet tissue and necessities. I love Crest 3D White Vivid,but I only buy it when their is a sale at CVS and I have a coupon and will receive extra care bucks back. It works great has a nice mild flavor that’s not to intense yet leaves my mouth feeling clean. I noticed my teeth ge whiter over time.

Linda B. says :

re : Unfortunately, it proved to be a waste of every penny
I actually, like it and thinks it works great Cleans my teeth really good and leaves it squeaky clean. I also use a battery operated toothbrush.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424111337570930/k2311a1124/11.24.10