Clancy’s Pretzel Rings  » Food  »
1.5
  • Unfortunately, that didn't turn out to be the case and I was left wishing that ALDI Food Market stores would bring the sticks back and ditch these pretzel rings
  • The problem is, even though I'm getting more pretzels, these pretzels just don't taste as good as the sticks did
  • I don't have any issue with the freshness because these rings certainly didn't taste stale or anything like that
  • I feel that a 3 rating is fair considering how the pretzels simply didn't have much flavor and so they ended up not being worth the money that I paid for them

• by CirclingCanvas

ALDI Food Market stores stopped carrying Clancy’s Pretzel Sticks a couple of months back and replaced them with Clancy’s Pretzel Rings. Now I liked the sticks because they were always fresh and salty, and I figured that although these pretzels were a different shape, they were still sold under the same brand and should be just as good. Unfortunately, that didn’t turn out to be the case and I was left wishing that ALDI Food Market stores would bring the sticks back and ditch these pretzel rings.

These pretzel rings come in a twenty ounce bag for

one dollar and twenty-nine cents. The bag of pretzel rings is bigger and contains more ounces than the pretzel sticks bag did and all for the same amount of money, too. The problem is, even though I’m getting more pretzels, these pretzels just don’t taste as good as the sticks did. I don’t have any issue with the freshness because these rings certainly didn’t taste stale or anything like that. The problem that I have with these rings is that they aren’t as salty. I personally found them to be rather bland, really. The salt is ...

• basically what gives plain pretzels flavor and take away much of the salt and the result is a pretzel that simply doesn’t taste like much. I wasn’t enthusiastic over finishing the bag that I had bought, but I did, and when I threw the bag in the trash, I was glad the bland pretzels were gone.

Clancy’s Pretzel Rings certainly retail at a price that’s appealing and the size of the bag is impressive, but the bag is filled with pretzels that are only lightly salted and simply lack sufficient flavor to be worth the amount

of money that these pretzel rings run for. The pretzel rings were at least fresh, but the freshness of the pretzel rings wasn’t nearly enough to win me over. It’s too bad ALDI Food Market stores got rid of the superior product and replaced that product with an inferior one and until the sticks are brought back, I won’t be buying pretzels from ALDI Food Market stores. I feel that a “3″ rating is fair considering how the pretzels simply didn’t have much flavor and so they ended up not being worth the money that I paid for them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723111337200530/k2311a1123/11.23.10