Deli Premium Deli Cuts Corned Beef
  • I still enjoyed having this corned beef on rye bread for lunch, though
  • If the price on it drops, I'll purchase it again, but until the price does drop to a satisfactory level, I don't think I'm going to be picking up another package
  • I like corned beef for lunch, but I like it to be lean
  • I liked the flavor of the corned beef and I was happy with how thinly it was cut as well as the overall tenderness of the corned beef, but I didn't like the portions of fat that I found on it and had to try and remove without moving too much corned beef
  • I believe a 6 rating is appropriate because although the flavor and texture were both right, the fat content and price were too high

• by CirclingCanvas

The Deli Premium Deli Cuts Corned Beef is corned beef that comes pre-sliced and sold in packages at ALDI Food Market stores. Eight ounces of corned beef come in a package for two dollars and eighty-nine cents. I do think that the price ALDI Food Market stores charge for this corned beef is kind of high considering the corned beef is a bit too fatty and not quite lean enough for me. I would just rather taste the corned beef as opposed to portions of soft, gummy fat which I find unpleasant to the taste and possessing a texture that I don’t want in my mouth.

I can manually trim the fat off the corned beef myself, but that can be time consuming and messy, and sometimes difficult too since I don’t want to waste any good corned beef in the process.

I still enjoyed having this corned beef on rye bread for lunch, though. The corned beef had a pretty pleasant flavor and the corned beef was cut relatively thinly, so the corned beef was tender, too. One eight ounce pack ended up making about four sandwiches that were decently fat. If the corned beef was leaner, then I would say the price asked for a package would be relatively fair, but ...

• considering the fat content, I feel this corned beef should be perhaps fifty cents cheaper. If the price on it drops, I’ll purchase it again, but until the price does drop to a satisfactory level, I don’t think I’m going to be picking up another package. I like corned beef for lunch, but I like it to be lean. That’s the kind of corned beef that I derive the most enjoyment from and look forward to eating with some deli fries or bagel chips.

The Deli Premium Deli Cuts Corned Beef was satisfactory, but for almost three dollars a package, it needed to be more than

satisfactory. I liked the flavor of the corned beef and I was happy with how thinly it was cut as well as the overall tenderness of the corned beef, but I didn’t like the portions of fat that I found on it and had to try and remove without moving too much corned beef. I enjoyed the sandwiches that I got out of the eight ounce pack, but I didn’t enjoy them enough to consider picking up another pack once the first pack was finished. I believe a “6″ rating is appropriate because although the flavor and texture were both right, the fat content and price were too high.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723111337190530/k2311a1123/11.23.10