Banquet Salisbury Steak
1.5
  • The Salisbury steak was reasonably tender and I was impressed with the size of the meat
  • The problem I encountered with this meat was that it was relatively tasteless
  • Whether or not it's worth a dollar is debatable, but I know that I will avoid this frozen meal now that I know what awaits inside - and what's inside doesn't look like the picture on the outside

• by CirclingCanvas

The Banquet Salisbury Steak frozen meal comes complete with Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and corn, all for one dollar. The fact that all this food can be sold for one dollar should be a big hint as to the quality of the food. Still, curiosity can be a mighty powerful thing, and so I gave this frozen meal a try, figuring I might be pleasantly surprised. That however was something that didn’t happen.

The Salisbury steak was reasonably tender and

I was impressed with the size of the meat. The problem I encountered with this meat was that it was relatively tasteless. Neither the gravy nor the meat really gave my taste buds much to work with. Flavor was not a problem when it came to the mashed potatoes and corn. Both had quite a lot of buttery flavor to them, but aside from the buttery taste, they too were pretty bland. The mashed potatoes weren’t very creamy or ...

• fluffy, but instead seemed blocky and somewhat chalky. The corn was soft, but four or five spoonfuls, and it was all gone, so the corn, as well as the mashed potatoes, came in small portions.

The Banquet Salisbury Steak frozen meal doesn’t have much to offer in terms of taste. The flavor I remember the most was the butter. That’s about it. Although the portions of corn and mashed potatoes were small, the size of the Salisbury steak wasn’t,

so the meal was moderately filling, but satisfying? No way. The lack of overall flavor, the poor quality mashed potatoes and the paltry amount of corn all hurt this quick and easy microwavable meal. Whether or not it’s worth a dollar is debatable, but I know that I will avoid this frozen meal now that I know what awaits inside - and what’s inside doesn’t look like the picture on the outside! I’m giving this frozen meal a “3″ rating.

Banquet Salisbury Steak

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723111337130530/k2311a1123/11.23.10