Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in Ingenuous  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was curious to try Sephora make-up, because I like to visit their store once every couple of weeks
  • But I have made an interesting discovery about Ingenuous
  • But on my lips, I think it looks more like a bubble-gum pink color
  • Honestly, I don't think that color looks very flattering on me, and I can't think of who it would look flattering on
  • I would only recommend it to women who are die-hard pink lipstick lovers, women who like even the palest pink shades

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I am new to the Sephora lip colors, but this lipstick in a shade called Ingenuous was included an one of Sephora’s limited-edition lip palettes. I was curious to try Sephora make-up, because I like to visit their store once every couple of weeks. So now I am sampling the colors in that palette. There are some nice plums and reds here. I haven’t sampled the reds yet.

But I have made an interesting discovery about Ingenuous. It says on the Sephora website that it is supposed to be a beige shade, and it does indeed look pretty nude in the palette. But on my lips, I think it looks more

like a bubble-gum pink color. So I don’t know what’s up with that. I’ve been noticing a lot of these bubble gum shades lately. I like to call them nude pinks, because they are pale and they almost blend in with my fair skin tone. Honestly, I don’t think that color looks very flattering on me, and I can’t think of who it would look flattering on. Maybe someone with an olive complexion? I really can’t say. I guess it’s just one of those colors that you need to try on in the store before you even consider purchasing it.

Sephora’s lipsticks are reasonably priced. This Rouge Cream lipstick in Ingenuous ...

• is only $12. That is even cheaper than Clinique’s lipsticks, which are $14 a tube. I look forward to trying some of Sephora’s other lipstick collections. I am not that crazy about the idea of wearing Ingenuous by itself, because it just doesn’t show up very much on my face. So I may blend it with another color in the palette, or I will layer it on top of another color (preferably a deeper or more vibrant color). It definitely needs something. I may even sweep a pearly gloss over it. That would perk it up a little bit.

This is a nice soft pink lipstick for women who like that

look. You may definitely want to look for it if you are ever in the Sephora store. You could even wear it over a hot pink lipstick to create a mid-tone shade of pink. Or you could mix it with a plum shade or fuschia shade. So you do have several options with Ingenuous. I think it just looks rather flat on me when I wear it alone. I definitely think it needs more dimension.

I would only recommend it to women who are die-hard pink lipstick lovers, women who like even the palest pink shades. It is a good price, so you will get your money’s worth out of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122111335780530/k2311a1122/11.22.10