Lancome Color Design Lipstick in Curtain Call  » Cosmetics  »
  • On the Lancome website, it says it falls under the category of pinks and berries, but I think it has a strong red tone on my lips
  • All I know is that it is a sleek color, and it's the kind of color you should wear if you have a big date planned
  • I don't think this is a good lip color for young teenage girls
  • You can wear this to nightclubs, dinner parties, and definitely holiday parties and New Year's Eve get-togethers
  • I don't wear red lipstick very often, but I like it, so I am betting that you will, too

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I was lucky to get this Lancome lipstick shade Curtain Call in one of Bloomingdale’s gifts with a purchase at the Lancome counter. When they offer a lipstick in a Lancome bonus, that is something worth getting, because Lancome lipsticks are expensive. This shade from the Color Design collection is $22, and those are their least expensive lipsticks. Also, I have found all of my Lancome lipsticks to be high in pigmentation, and they give you good coverage. I got most of those lipsticks in bonuses, otherwise I would have spent upwards of $100 on all of them!

Curtain Call is a rich, sophisticated red color

with a metallic sheen. On the Lancome website, it says it falls under the category of pinks and berries, but I think it has a strong red tone on my lips. Maybe it is a reddish pink or red with pink undertones. All I know is that it is a sleek color, and it’s the kind of color you should wear if you have a big date planned. This will finish off your look very nicely, especially if you are wearing a classic black dress or a red dress. I don’t think this is a good lip color for young teenage girls. This is more ...

• appropriate for adult women, maybe in their twenties and older. It’s a mature, classy lipstick.

You can wear this to nightclubs, dinner parties, and definitely holiday parties and New Year’s Eve get-togethers. The lush red color and metallic luster are festive, and you will definitely get people’s attention when you wear this lipstick. I think it’s the kind of color that will turn men’s heads!

And it’s nice to know that this is one of Lancome’s most affordable lipsticks. So even though it is over $20, which is not cheap, I’m sure you will get a lot of wear out of it. It’s a creamy, comfortable lipstick

to wear, too. I have experienced that with all of Lancome’s lipsticks. Once you try one of them, you want to sample more!

I recommend that you try this on at the Lancome counter. It always helps to do that first, just to make sure you like the way this shade of red looks on you. It is not the typical, bright, fire-engine red. It is a shade deeper, so that’s why you would want to try it on — to make sure it doesn’t look too dark on you. I don’t wear red lipstick very often, but I like it, so I am betting that you will, too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122111335760530/k2311a1122/11.22.10