Michael Carrick  » People  »
  • Overall I think his years at united have been a little stop start

• by JustHonest

When West Ham were relegated from the Premier League, not only was it a shock for many because we all thought they were too goo to go down, but we also knew that a team of great young players was now going to be split up as the larger clubs pounced.

What seemed odd though was that whilst several players moved on, one of the more senior players, Michael Carrick remained and played almost a whole season in the Championship with West Ham. Finally, Spurs

took a punt on the player but only after Arsenal decided that he was a player that they infact did not want to sign.

He moved to Spurs for quite a modest fee of £3,5 million but soon seemed to be playing his way into the England squad and after only a couple of years Manchester United signed him for nearly £18 million.

Lots of fans questioned the signing. I was quite pleased because he was English and the more I watched him the more I ...

• felt he had a great passing ability which had been missing with Scholes not featuring much and Veron and David Beckham now at pastures new.

Many questioned the size of the fee, but much of it was add ons based on success so I knew if we ended up paying Spurs extra money, then we would have been successful.

Overall I think his years at united have been a little stop start. I think he goes about his business in quite a quiet way really and

is quite happy to shun the lime light. He appears to be a well liked member of the squad, but for me has never really had the belief to stick his chest out and show that he belongs at Old Trafford.

I think he is a great player that is not quite reaching his full potential, but I do think that when he leaves Old Trafford, whilst it won’t cause any major waves anywhere, people will then start to realise what a good player he actually was.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5222111335450430/k2311a1122/11.22.10