TracFone Cell Phone Program
  • Feeling a bit naked without a phone on my hip, I decided to see what I could get that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg, initially or long-term
  • Because I fully expected retirement to be less frantic, less busy than 'working life', I decided I wouldn't need any fancy bells and whistles
  • I DID conclude that I'd like to have camera capability, as I love photography, and often used to 'kick myself' for not bringing my digital camera along when I'd come across one of those perfect picture shots (the company phone didn't have camera capability either)
  • After doing some online research into the various plans and programs available for my area, I concluded that the TracFone offered the best value

• by C.H.
      Prior to my recent retirement from “Corporate America”, I had use of a company-provided cell phone, so I never purchased one of my own. At retirement, of course, the phone was given back.

Feeling a bit “naked” without a phone on my hip, I decided to see what I could get that wouldn’t cost me an arm and a leg, initially or long-term!

Because I fully expected retirement to be less frantic, less busy

than ‘working life’, I decided I wouldn’t need any fancy bells and whistles…just a simple cell phone…mostly for emergency use…or if someone needed to get in touch with me, I’d at least have a method.

I DID conclude that I’d like to have camera capability, as I love photography, and often used to ‘kick myself’ for not bringing my digital camera along when I’d come across one of those “perfect picture shots” (the company phone ...

• didn’t have camera capability either).

After doing some online research into the various plans and programs available for my area, I concluded that the TracFone offered the best value.

I purchased a basic camera-phone (flat type) for about $50 (which comes with some ’starter-minutes’), activated it online myself in about 10 minutes and I was good-to-go!

I’ve had the TracFone for about 2 months now, and it is everything I’d hoped it would be, and

more!

-Calls are clear -Minutes (”units”) are reasonably priced -No monthly charges -”Pay-as-you-go” method means just that (TracFone only requires that you purchase additional ‘units’ every 60 days to keep the account active…but since I’m not affixing the cell phone to my ear to talk on it constantly, cost per month is more than reasonable for me).

-Even the camera works well!

Clearly, “pay-as-you-go” cell phone plans aren’t for everyone, but if you’re thinking that way, check out TracFone…(www.

tracfone.

com)…you’ll be glad you did!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22503133540831/k2311a035/3.5.07