Sound Oasis Sleep Therapy Pillow Speakers  » Health  »
  • I bought these speakers to protect the privacy of my ears from noise coming from my mother’s bedroom across the hall
  • Sometimes they slide around a bit, but I have fixed that problem with a simple piece of fabric tape that I can affix each speaker in its correct position with
  • I recommend them to anyone who likes to sleep to a background sound
  • I think a set of these should come standard with any sound machine

• by reviewabit

I bought these speakers to protect the privacy of my ears from noise coming from my mother’s bedroom across the hall. She listens to audio books nightly, and the droning noise from them can sometimes drive me nuts. I have a stereo CD player that I use most nights for playing a variety of soft music and nature sound CDs, but in order for it to block out the noise, I have to turn it up so loud that she can hear it as well, and then it becomes a battle for airspace!

I tried sleeping with headphones but found it uncomfortable, then

I heard about these and decided to give them a try.

I am very glad I did. The sound from these speakers can be easily heard by me, but not her– and they do a better job of blocking noise because they are closer to my ears.

I was surprised by the sound quality. I did not expect them to sound any better than the headphones or the stereo itself, but they do.

They fit easily under the pillow and cannot be felt. Sometimes they slide around a bit, but I have fixed that problem with a simple piece of fabric tape that I ...

• can affix each speaker in its correct position with.

The cords are plenty long so I can get the speakers right where I need them. I have not had any problems with the speakers cutting out or wires getting broken, even though I might toss and turn during the night.

One slight negative with these is that the volume, although plenty powerful enough for sleep sound CDs, is not really strong enough if you wanted to listen to a book or any sort of spoken word. For that I would probably have to take them out from under the pillow.

When

I have shown them to friends, almost everyone who tried them out wanted a set. They just sound so much better than listening through a CD player.

Nature sounds especially sound more crisp and… well, natural. It’s more like being next to a fountain or waterfall than listening to one from miles away, and this is far more relaxing.

Another plus– they are not expensive. This little speaker set has improved the quality of my sleep and therefore my health tremendously.

I recommend them to anyone who likes to sleep to a background sound. I think a set of these should come standard with any sound machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422111334630330/k2311a1122/11.22.10