The Feme Pad by SmartChoices (vaginal/hemorrhoidal aid)  » Health  »
  • These ran out much too soon for me, but I found that using an old sock worked just as well, if a little less sophisticated
  • I would actually recommend buying a couple of them, so you can rotate them and keep one in the freezer on standby

• by reviewabit

Although this item was really made for new mothers after delivering, I used it for relief of pain and swelling after a minor hemorrhoid procedure. My doctor did not really warn me that after the lancing of an external hemorrhoid I would be in agony for days and unable to function normally. In fact, I was forced to take a week in bed from the pain.

Daily sitz baths, creams, and anti inflammatory drugs were helping to some degree, but I was still very uncomfortable and extremely cranky. A friend who was a nurse got this item for me and I

am forever grateful to her.

It is really just a gel pack that you freeze, much like any other– but the size and shape of these make them perfect to fit inside undergarments to help soothe vaginal or rectal discomfort. After excruciating trips to the bathroom post procedure, these little pads kept me from clawing the paint off the walls.

They come with ten gauze covers, which make them more comfortable and keep any fluids or blood off the pad itself. These ran out much too soon for me, but I found that using an old sock worked just as well, if ...

• a little less sophisticated.

The coldness from the pads really helped to reduce swelling and get me back on my feet again, and I even used them for awhile afterwards to make sure the swelling and pain did not come back. I would simply use them at bedtime, since I could safely fall asleep without worrying about them being in place.

Since they are designed for use in a specific place, they are a bit thin, and the coldness does not last terribly long. I would actually recommend buying a couple of them, so you can rotate them and

keep one in the freezer on standby.

I have also used these when I have had both urinary tract infections and yeast infections, and they are very helpful for both. The cold can distract you from the burning of urinary pain, and the intense itching and soreness from yeast.

Basically, any pain or irritation you have in those intimate areas might be greatly soothed by a little cold compress. I highly recommend them for anyone who has problems in that area, whatever they may be.

I’m sure even men could benefit, but we’d have to be sworn to secrecy about that one!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422111334620330/k2311a1122/11.22.10