Queen Helene Peel Off Mask with Grape Seed Extract 6 oz.  » Health  »
1.5
  • I bought this mask more as nostalgia than anything else
  • This Queen Helene product does not cost much, so nothing was really lost if it didn’t actually do anything to my skin
  • I think that is why they claim it tightens your skin
  • I was impressed that it mostly came off in one piece
  • I only recommend this product to people who are already familiar with peel off masks

• by reviewabit

I bought this mask more as nostalgia than anything else. Peel off masks were popular back in the 1970’s. I can remember my mother using some green cucumber scented peel off mask and I was fascinated with it. It was just so much fun to put it on your face and peel it off. It just felt good.

That’s probably about all it’s worth, is the fun factor. This Queen Helene product does not cost much, so nothing was really lost if it didn’t actually do anything to my skin. It is supposed to tighten your skin, reduce pore

size and clean out your pores. For those who have never used a peel off mask, it is not as powerful as what it sounds like.

If you are thinking of something like the Biore nose strips, this is not going to give you those dramatic results. You are not likely to see anything on the film as you peel it from your face. It’s not going to feel like duct tape, and it’s not likely to irritate your skin, except for the burn of the alcohol as it dries and evaporates on your skin. Besides the smell of alcohol, this product has a faint grape like fragrance, or maybe that is the power of suggestion at work.

I did use it with some excitement, as I had never actually used it to see if it had any real effect. I just played with it when I was a kid because it was fun to peel off. When I went to apply it, boy was it a lot goopier than I remembered the stuff being. It was much like applying maple syrup to my face.

The alcohol smell was strong and burned my nose so I had ...

•  Queen Helene Peel Off Mask with Grape Seed Extract 6 oz.
      to breathe through my mouth until it had tamed a bit. It seemed to take forever to dry, so I satiated myself by putting thinner layers onto the palm of my hand and peeling them off. Yes, I really did that and yes, I am embarrassed. By the time it was finally starting to dry, I remembered the pulling sensation that you get when that happens.

I think that is why they claim it tightens your skin. While it is drying and shrinking up, it does tighten it– but that effect is lost once the product is off your face.

/> When fully dry, I carefully peeled it off. I was impressed that it mostly came off in one piece.

My face felt relieved and refreshed. I don’t think that was because it did anything to help my skin. I think I just felt better having my skin back. I only recommend this product to people who are already familiar with peel off masks.

You know what they do or don’t do for you. I think it is mostly for the novelty that people still use them. It was for me. If you want real results, stick with a different kind of mask.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422111334610330/k2311a1122/11.22.10