Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo 13.5oz
1.0
  • I bought this shampoo because my hair was dry and I figured a name like “Moisture Maniac” had to mean it would help moisturize
  • I think I will carefully read reviews first, instead of letting my nose make the choice all by itself
  • I don’t recommend this as a moisturizing shampoo to anyone

• by reviewabit

I bought this shampoo because my hair was dry and I figured a name like “Moisture Maniac” had to mean it would help moisturize. Makes sense, right? I thought so. This is a ten dollar bottle of shampoo, from a company that I generally have liked in the past, but they let me down this time. Although the shampoo smells nice, as all their products do, it was light years away from being a moisturizing product.

After I washed my hair with it the first time, it felt like a wet mop full of tangles. Even after using my normal conditioner, my hair

was dry, frizzy, and my scalp itched. I don’t know if that was from the dryness or the fragrance, but it was certainly not normal for me.

I actually think my seventy nine cent bottle of Alberto VO5 shampoo is more moisturizing than this was. I can say one thing, my hair certainly felt clean. Clean like it had been washed with floor stripper! There was not an atom of natural oil on my hair when this stuff was used.

I don’t know what TIGI was thinking. I actually re-read the bottle several times and wondered if they had accidentally put the wrong product in.

• I would say this was more appropriate for someone who had extremely oily hair.

There were only two positives about the product for me. One was that it smells good. Two was that it lathers well.

This means that I can now use it as either shower gel or hand soap, two uses that it would probably excel at since it sucks at being a shampoo! I may or may not try other bed Head products in the future. I think I will carefully read reviews first, instead of letting my nose make the choice all by itself. That power should be left to it only in

the case of perfumes.

It is really sad seeing a well known, expensive product being such an epic fail. I suppose other people use the shampoo and like it, and all I have to say about that it that they must have incredibly different hair than mine. I don’t recommend this as a moisturizing shampoo to anyone.

Just about any other shampoo you could use will treat your hair more kindly. Save your money and buy a drug store brand. Don’t even lift the cap to smell it, lest you be tempted! I give them a 2 and that is for the fragrance and the packaging.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422111334590330/k2311a1122/11.22.10