Garnier Ultra-Lift Pro Contouring Roller 1.7 oz  » Health  »
1.0
  • I have not had much experience with Garnier skin products, but they seem to be popular, so I assumed they must be pretty good
  • I paid about ten dollars for this roller product, hoping it would refresh my skin and maybe prevent or improve some wrinkle issues I have developed in my forties
  • I don’t really have deep ones, but since products that claim they can improve fine lines and wrinkles have not impressed me much, I thought I’d try one that is for bigger problems than I actually have– and see if it gives any results at all
  • When I first used the roll on applicator I thought it was a bit awkward
  • I’m sure Garnier has some good products, as I have heard good things about them both before and since using this one– but this product simply does not agree with me at all

• by reviewabit

Sometimes I am guilty of buying a new product just because it is unusual or unique. I have not had much experience with Garnier skin products, but they seem to be popular, so I assumed they must be pretty good. I paid about ten dollars for this roller product, hoping it would refresh my skin and maybe prevent or improve some wrinkle issues I have developed in my forties.

The “ultra lift” boasted that it could even out skin tone, improve the look of wrinkles– even deep ones. I don’t really have deep ones, but since products that claim they can improve fine lines

and wrinkles have not impressed me much, I thought I’d try one that is for bigger problems than I actually have– and see if it gives any results at all.

When I first used the roll on applicator I thought it was a bit awkward. I’m used to applying things with my hands.

It had a nice smell, but within minutes of putting it on my face, the skin began burning and turning red. I wondered then if the way it worked for deep wrinkles was to swell your skin up to the point that the wrinkles filled.

I honestly ...

• thought I might be having an allergic reaction to it, and I immediately rinsed it off. I felt better quickly.

I did some research to see what the ingredients were, wondering if I missed something important when I read the directions. It turns out that many people have a burning, tingling reaction to the product and it seems this means it is “working.

” I gave it another try. I put it on and tried to outlast the stinging sensations.

A few hours later, they did stop, but my skin felt sore and irritated for the rest of the day. I

used it for another week or so, and didn’t see any results.

I decided in the end that the pain was not worth it. My face did not look happy or healthy.

In fact, my skin was chronically red and irritated. I went back to my usual products and ended up giving this product to a friend.

She didn’t like it either!

Given both our experiences, I can’t recommend this one. I’m sure Garnier has some good products, as I have heard good things about them both before and since using this one– but this product simply does not agree with me at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422111334480330/k2311a1122/11.22.10