Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser Pink Grapefruit 6 oz  » Health  »
2.5
  • This particular wash is not, in my opinion, one of their best products
  • I bought it in the summer when I was having a bad bout of adult acne and oily skin
  • I think the drying action of the wash had a sort of rebound effect on the oiliness of my skin and it was a two step forward, one step back kind of process going on
  • I decided to keep the bottle, since I do love the smell– I didn’t want to waste it
  • It’s definitely not a good choice for very sensitive skin

• by reviewabit

In general, I have loved all of the Neutrogena products I have tried and feel that they are an excellent company. This particular wash is not, in my opinion, one of their best products. I bought it in the summer when I was having a bad bout of adult acne and oily skin. I loved the scent– very fresh, clean and tart.

It was a very realistic grapefruit fragrance. While using it, I loved the lather, and it cleans very well. Afterwards, my skin did feel a bit dry and tight, but I do expect that from acne products.

I

did not expect it to itch and become red though. Although this often happens after several days of using an acne wash, normally the first day is not so dramatic. I followed the wash with a light moisturizer and that seemed to soothe the skin.

Over the next several days I repeated washing with the Neutrogena, and pretty much experienced the same thing, only there seemed to be a cumulative drying effect. Rather than lessening the pimples, they were getting worse. I think the drying action of the wash had a sort of rebound effect on the oiliness of my skin and it ...

• was a two step forward, one step back kind of process going on.

Finally I had enough of the irritated skin and switched to a milder product. After doing this, my skin started to recover. It might be that the Neutrogena just had too much of a good thing and is best used for extreme cases of acne.

Or maybe the chemicals in it are just too harsh for my skin. I decided to keep the bottle, since I do love the smell– I didn’t want to waste it. I only use this wash when I have extremely dirty or oily

skin, and I only use it once, never more than two days in a row.

It serves a purpose this way and I don’t have to waste it. I would probably recommend this for someone who really needs a cleaner that will strip the heck out of their skin. It will certainly do that and do it well.

It’s definitely not a good choice for very sensitive skin. Between the chemicals and the strong fragrance it would probably melt their face off. I still think Neutrogena is an awesome company with great products, but this product just wasn’t for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3422111334360230/k2311a1122/11.22.10