Lush Bon Bon Lip Exfoliating Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I once had a bad experience using a salt and milk scrub – all that stands for dense sandy pastes which made my backne worse
  • The scrub looks very raw accompanied by a delicious sorbet scent that makes me want to dip my finger on it and put it on my mouth
  • I’ve been exfoliating my lips twice already the past week using this fruity treat and I love it
  • Dabbing this lip scrub across the lips was better than manually extracting dry skin, though I found it difficult to keep rubbing the sugar scrub without stuttering because the particles wouldn’t stick on the lips

• by jhunie

I’m presently welcoming this growing frenzy for Lush cosmetics and dreaming of hoarding some into my bathroom. I’m always inclined to wacky fragrances and that’s actually where my liking for lush products stemmed from. I didn’t know I was up for a thrilling ride when I dropped by their store one time and picked a few skin care items, with really nice samples to compliment my purchases. I was torn between buying a new shower gel and this lip scrub, but chose the latter in the end because my tinted lip balm does a petty job at moisturizing cracked lips. Regardless, no lip conditioning product could probably soothe my chapped lips as it comes to a point where the dry bits naturally slough off or partly get peeled and it hurts to lodge the dry skin completely. Don’t you just hate it when you’ve slathered lipstick over your mouth and forgetting to exfoliate your lips beforehand? It’s

a major glitch finding all the chunked up lines ruining the supposedly polished texture of my lipstick. It sends me back to the sink to fix my lips, after I’m almost done with my makeup. It seriously sucks. Now I have this Lush lip scrub called Bon Bon as part of my exfoliating regimen.

In the store, I took a peek at what’s inside the jar and bon bon looked like a sugar scrub. I’m not very comfortable with organic forms of exfoliators such as salt and sugar scrubs. I once had a bad experience using a salt and milk scrub – all that stands for dense sandy pastes which made my backne worse. The lip scrub gives the impression of white sugar doused in milk or water. The scrub looks very raw accompanied by a delicious sorbet scent that makes me want to dip my finger on it and put it on my mouth. I was assuming the scrub to be somewhat creamy but it actually feels quite solid. It’s emphatically a dry sugar scrub and nothing similar to the typical conditioning scrubs with tiny grains suspended on a liquid medium, bon bon was different in the sense that the sugars are kept whole and not diluted.

I have no inkling as to why my lips dry so fast and shed a flaky layer of late; it must be the drying weather. I’ve been exfoliating my lips twice already the past week using this fruity treat and I love it. It really polishes the parched texture of my mouth. I usually exfoliate my lips with a textured face towel but it feels quite abrasive to the lips and I find it doesn’t remove all the flaky bits perfectly. Dabbing this lip scrub across the lips was better than manually extracting dry skin, though I found it difficult to keep rubbing the sugar scrub without ...

• Lush Bon Bon Lip Exfoliating Scrub
      stuttering because the particles wouldn’t stick on the lips. The scrub would clump individually or piece out so it’s important to lubricate the lips first with water. The particles of sugar won’t settle and melt upon the lips unless you dampen the mouth prior to scrubbing. Just like scrubbing one’s face, I use my fingers to move the grains of sugar against the lips in swift strokes. I can literally see the dry layer of skin getting shed. I can’t help but taste the sugar too while sprucing up my lips which adds to the fun. I tried scrubbing my upper lip as well and was surprised how much dry skin was lodged off.

The scrub is the least bit hydrating so I slap some lip conditioner on my mouth to finish it. My lips were transformed to a smooth texture; what’s more surprising was how it brought back my lips to a healthy flushing shade.

I thought my lips looked cherry red. I was accustomed to seeing my pale lips which pretty much blends with my pale skin. But now I’m glad that the lip scrub shakes away that stale dry appearance of my mouth.

Another aspect of the product that’s really worth raving is the fruitylicious scent of cranberry and zesty lemons. I always get a blast every time I smell the sweet scent of the scrub. It’s like a serving of sorbet topped with strawberry ice cream and a tinge of sour lemons. There’s no reason to despair on cracked lips and feathering lipsticks any more. It costs 8 dollars and I have not known how long the scrub will possibly last. Now I see the benefits of appending this product to my skin care grind. I recommend this lip scrub from lush. It’s an all important extra step towards taking care of the lips besides moisturizing with a lip balm.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122111334230230/k2311a1122/11.22.10